Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
ESPN.com is reporting:

"Even with Chris Brown, Travis Henry and draft pick LenDale White on board, don't be surprised if the Titans add another running back in the next two months. The team would like a third-down, scatback type who can catch passes and handle blitz pickup."

WTF. We draft LenDale using a 2nd rounder, we use the 3rd on Travis Henry and Chris Brown. We also have Jarret Payton, Damien Nash and Quinton Ganther.

So basically: a 3rd rounder, a 3rd rounder, a 2nd rounder, undrafted FA, a 5th rounder and a 7th rounder and WE STILL want to bring a guy in? Who the **** is on the market worth having?

meh...i wouldnt read too much into that....lendale is our redzone/shortyardage guy, with interchangeable power backs of henry and brown...if the online stays together plays well i can see henry outplaying all rbs hes got alot of talent

I don't buy it. First of all, I think Brown can handle that role (which is what he did at the end of the Eddie George era) with White being the #1 back. Also, that souldn't like Ganther's profile, though he may not be an NFL-capable back.

Secondly, we already have a ton of RBs. I can't see carrying more than 3 RBs and 1 FB. I guess they could go with 1 less TE and 1 more FBack type.

Plus, it's not as if there is a limitless supply of those types of guys just hanging around the free agent list waiting to be scooped up. Where is this mystery RB coming from?

if we get another rb im gonna be so mad, because we wasted another pick in the 7th on one, which i know its unlikely to get a good player from the 7th but look at reynaldo

well espn is a good source probably best, other than a statement from the titans themselves but they are missing hard proof in this

GhostZ said:
well espn is a good source probably best, other than a statement from the titans themselves but they are missing hard proof in this

All sources have there misses and misques. ESPN has been known to throw stuff out there just to get a reaction. So like everyone said don't read to much into it.

chows offense needs a scatback

nash,payton & possbly henry are gone espcailly if white outplays henry,1 more toke & hes done.We would be better of with white ,brown & 3rd down back,7th rd rb from utah if he looks good practice squad,& who know if some team rbs gors down with injuries we might get 3rd back for henry or a 2nd for brown,sice hes in his last year,

Personally I think we do need another RB, I feel Henry will get released in a few months. We will probaly keep Payton, and then maybe trade Chris Brown. Nash will get released as well. I say we should try to get Tatum Bell from the Broncos.

titansfan9 said:
Personally I think we do need another RB, I feel Henry will get released in a few months. We will probaly keep Payton, and then maybe trade Chris Brown. Nash will get released as well. I say we should try to get Tatum Bell from the Broncos.

Yeah, maybe we can trade Lendale White for him. Payton could be the starter and Bell could come in to spell him. :hmm:

Puck said:
been drinking again have we ?

Constantly:ha:

Anyone else who thinks that the Titans will have Payton on the roster this year, but not Brown, Henry or Nash is probably sitting right next to me at the bar and will need a ride home.

titansfan9 said:
:hmm:

no, no, maybe Chris Brown for Tatum maybe???

To be honest with you, I don't know much about Tatum Bell or what his contract situation is, but I do agree with you that a Brown trade is a possibility for the right price/player. I don't think anyone will trade for Henry, though and I don't think we'll cut him seeing as how he's not costing us much of anything. Are you saying that you think he'll toke out on us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back