Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ADh52Uf2EwE"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ADh52Uf2EwE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

right. carr looks bad. ok. he looks horrible. are the texans as horribly managed as some would claim? pass on bush for hometown favorite? is this a trade out scenario? it's hard to fathom the texans getting vince young. hysteria... how infectious is it? does a franchise implode when you give the people what they want? oh my. great film... i like some of the segway stuff... but this is not real. magic wand?:suspect:

i don't think that guy from denver would get on board.;)

Gunny said:
Philly people wanted Ricky Williams over Donovan McNabb and even boo'ed the selection and look at it now.
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QVbgYWTkqhg"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QVbgYWTkqhg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Gunny said:
do you have a video or picture for everything? lol
AA034534.jpg

Gunny said:
Philly people wanted Ricky Williams over Donovan McNabb and even boo'ed the selection and look at it now.

Well, that's not really fair. Williams was a much better football player than McNabb, he just has negative baggage. Much like TO has negative baggage, but he's still one of the best football players in the league.

Considering I couldn't have predicted the future, I would have picked Williams over McNabb in a heartbeat.

I don't know about that Gunny. I think Ricky would have been a good fit for them. And who knows what would have happened if Andy Reid had coached him? I guess the whole keeps getting suspended problem undermines my argument here.

Gunny said:
he has only really had 3 good seasons out of 6.

But not because of football related issues, rather his personality issues.

Setting aside the fact that the QB is a more instrumental position in general, I think it's an overstatement to say McNabb lead Philly to anything. McNabb's stats are comparable to McNair's over the past 3-4 years (discounting years where they played less than 14 games, so obviously something else lead Philly to success as well.

Well, you could argue Williams did the same in NO and Miami. I mean, wasn't Jay Fiedler and Aaron Brooks QB's at that point...

Brooks was actually good when the Saints made the playoffs. Williams barely rans for 1000 yards in NO.

He did have that one good season in Miami, but other then that he wasnt all that good.

If Houston doesn't pick Bush it will be because they trade down and take Brick or Justice and a handfull of other OL and defense. IMO that would be the best thing they could do. If Carr can improve like Plummer did under Kubiak with an improved OL Houston could be pretty good. Moulds and Johnson are a pretty darn good pair of WRs.

Reggie Bush will be mediocre at best and on IR at worst behind that O-Line

basically, picking Bush would be a waste of a pick

if they just helped out Carr and DomDav by providing protection and run blocking then they wouldn't need Young or Bush (but I bet they'd want YoungBush :ha:)

anyway, any pick other than D'Brick in round 1
and Max Jean Giles in Round 2 would be a waste

Bush will be better then Dom Davis, he has more moves and is much faster.
Davis has success behind that line and so can Reggie.
Plus the Texans have upgraded.

Gunny said:
Brooks was actually good when the Saints made the playoffs. Williams barely rans for 1000 yards in NO.

He did have that one good season in Miami, but other then that he wasnt all that good.

Code:
Year 	Team 	 	 	G 	GS 	Att 	Yards 	Avg 	Lg 	TD 	20+ 	FD
1999	New Orleans Saints	12	12	253	884	3.5	25	2	4	45
2000	New Orleans Saints	10	10	248	1000	4.0	26	8	3	56
2001	New Orleans Saints	16	16	313	1245	4.0	46	6	2	58
2002	Miami Dolphins		16	16	383	1853	4.8	63	16	7	89
2003	Miami Dolphins		16	16	392	1372	3.5	45	9	6	68

Explain to me again, how that is not "all that good", considering opposing teams were focusing solely on stopping him?

a 3.5 yard average is poor no matter how many yards you get. Eddie could have done what he did in 2003 if he had that many carries.

1999 also poor.
2000 was decent, 1000 yards in 10 games. 4 even average - same with 2001 just more yards.

2002 was obviously a good season and he was the only focus then, what changed from every other year?

Ricky Williams had a career YPC of 4.0 before his "incident", Tomlinson a 4.3 (4.0 if yo discount the freak year of 2003 where he got 5.9). Now there's no question Tomlinson is the better back, but it's ridiculous to say Williams wasn't any good.

With the success Davis has on the Titans, imagine what Bush will have. I hate the thought of facing that guy twice a season for the next eight years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back