Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
I don't know, but I think us picking 3rd is some kind of sign, Last time we did, we got Steve McNair, Now we get a pretty similar guy. Thoughts, Opinions?

Better than McNair. He's already been tested. He's smooth. He's cool under pressure. He's taken a team on his back to the championship. He's scored the winning td in front of the whole world. He's done everything McNair had yet to accomplish. They say he's not ready. Please. He's ready to go now. When you can make things happen, you don't have to read defenses, because they have to read you. He's the show. Vince Young will be greater than McNair. He'll win the superbowl.

Check and see where the Titans/Oilers have done drafting QBs in the first round:
1971 - #3 - Dan Pastorini
1986 - #3 - Jim Everett
1995 - #3 - Steve McNair
2006 - #3 - Vince Young

All at #3 overall. All damned good QBs. so far anyway. Numerology dictates that Vince will be a good one...

I think Vince will run into some problems when under pressure from defensive linemen, but experience will help him out their. I was rooting for the Titans to take Young ever since I watched the Rose Bowl. I was like, "he looks like McNair and Vick combined!" It's always good to have over 280 rushing yards in THE college bowl game while playing the QB position and still be able to celebrate after the game. I am, however, still worried about Volek's situation.

I just responded to Phislamma on another thread. You are crazy to say that Vince is ready now. If he starts I say he throws between 15-20 INTs and we win 5-6 games. He will be brought along slowly I am sure.

I might even agree with you stat wise, but it wouldn't be because of Vince Young. It would be because the Titans aren't that good. I think he's ready to play. And that doesn't mean play like Bret Favre. That means play like a first year star might play. Showing improvement each week.

Jim everettt?

Damn good QB? Try average...

Everett was drafted 2nd in 1986.

"Damn good" might not apply to dan pastorini either star. 103 career TDs vs 161 ints. Nah, he sucked. Sorry to spoil your whole theory buddy.

Banshee...

Yep, a decently effective passer with no mobility at all and poor leadership skills who was perceived as a wimp and a coward. 10 year starting QB in the nfl his team made the playoffs 3 times and had 3 winning seasons and 7 losing seasons. But starkiller said he was "damned good" so who am i to argue?:ha:

Mcnair has/had a much stronger arm and better throwing mechanics. Young is probably faster and more elusive. Mcnair was just a strong bull who was a bear to bring down and surprised people at how fast he could get up field given his size. Young is taller and will be able to see the field a bit better.

mcnair even said in a video that they did together that young can do things with the ball that mcnair has never been able to do... thats freaky especially for how young, young is

Starkiller said:
Check and see where the Titans/Oilers have done drafting QBs in the first round:
1971 - #3 - Dan Pastorini
1986 - #3 - Jim Everett
1995 - #3 - Steve McNair
2006 - #3 - Vince Young

All at #3 overall. All damned good QBs. so far anyway. Numerology dictates that Vince will be a good one...
All but guarantees it.

Sincerely,
RollTide

adamwinn51 said:
I just responded to Phislamma on another thread. You are crazy to say that Vince is ready now. If he starts I say he throws between 15-20 INTs and we win 5-6 games. He will be brought along slowly I am sure.
Sit him all year and we do not win more than 6 games.

Banshee2 said:
Chris Everrett?
RollTide said:
Yep, a decently effective passer with no mobility at all and poor leadership skills who was perceived as a wimp and a coward. 10 year starting QB in the nfl his team made the playoffs 3 times and had 3 winning seasons and 7 losing seasons. But starkiller said he was "damned good" so who am i to argue?:ha:

Jim Everett vs Jim Rome

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_cqcLdz5llo"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_cqcLdz5llo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>​

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
Sit him all year and we do not win more than 6 games.

If the FO decides to not let Vince see the field this year I will be pissed. He is not an in the pocket passer anyway. He plays on instinct and is as good as any QB doing so. If Volek is the starter fine, as long as he is putting up the stats and we are winning more than half of our games. However, if we are destined to be a 500 or less team anyway let Vince play so he isn't green next year.

Sukrillux said:
I think Vince will run into some problems when under pressure from defensive linemen, but experience will help him out their. I was rooting for the Titans to take Young ever since I watched the Rose Bowl. I was like, "he looks like McNair and Vick combined!" It's always good to have over 280 rushing yards in THE college bowl game while playing the QB position and still be able to celebrate after the game. I am, however, still worried about Volek's situation.

I hate you..............

:lol:

Sukrillux said:
too bad it was 200 rush yards and 260 passing yards, nice try tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back