Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
This draft is loaded at the wr position so we can upgrade Sharpe really cheap. Logan will probably come back. If not we have Hooker ready to slide in his spot. Still really early too. Waiting on Clowney and if we don't get him I'm sure there is someone else we will go after. Chill out and wait till summer before going crazy

As far as Casey goes. He was and probably always be one of my favorites to wear two tone blue.i didn't like getting rid of him but I understand it. Time to move on and see what happens next.

There’s gotta be a job waiting for the OP at CNN or MSNBC- EVP of Chicken Little.

We’re all doomed. DOOMED I tell you!

And the Brady prediction- that’s priceless! the old man was propped up by Belichek one season beyond his expiration date. i doubt Brady even finishes the season as a starting QB.

Seriously man, we came into the week with 20 free agents, including QB1, RB1, RT 1 and RT 2, and a bunch of others.

Did you seriously think we were going to magically resign them all AND go shopping for new toys?

And I'm glad we didn't sign Brady. He may have one good year left. He may not. Signing him screws the future and is a gamble on the present.

If we land clowny, I'm pretty stoked about how we did.

Seriously man, we came into the week with 20 free agents, including QB1, RB1, RT 1 and RT 2, and a bunch of others.

Did you seriously think we were going to magically resign them all AND go shopping for new toys?

And I'm glad we didn't sign Brady. He may have one good year left. He may not. Signing him screws the future and is a gamble on the present.

If we land clowny, I'm pretty stoked about how we did.
You didn't even add in the 4 cuts. But your right.

Tannehill re-signed...signing Brady would have been a mistake

Henry tagged, hopefully a deal is worked out, probably draft RB this year

Ryan may come back when he sees he's not getting 10 mil..if not draft a CB

Casey trade hurt but we have Simmons and if we sign Clowney that will improve us

Sharpe can be replaced with a draft pick or FA

It's early, have some patience

Top 2 priorities were to take care of Tannehill and Henry. We've done that.

Next priority was pass rusher. We got a guy in his prime that once lead the league in sacks.

We are in the mix for Clowney.

And we are in a position to plug in depth guys, maybe trade for a quality vet (if we don't get Clowney), and are in a position to reasonably draft the best, most impactful players available.

Sucks we lost Casey, but we are doing fine.

Casey is still solid, he is just overpaid. That is why no one wanted him. They know he is good, just not 11mil good or however much he is getting paid.

We must demand that an ok defense become a great defense. We cannot chase a haunted past. We gotta get on a rail and create a dynasty.

Brady was never happening and Logan Ryan blows at this point

Only bad move so far is Casey trade.
Saying Logan blows is going a little far. He might not be worth $10M to this roster, but he's far from "blows". You know what blows? This thread and the OP, that's what.

Casey is the only move that I scratch my head at. Conklin is being touted by the national media as the greatest thing since sliced bread. I seem to remember him letting Marcus get knocked on his ass a ton before Vrabel made the QB switch. I also saw a defense that was resilient, but had trouble getting to the QB when it really mattered. While our division may be in play, the AFC is Kansas City's or Baltimore's to lose in the big picture unless the Titans get a better pass rush and get better at stopping the run. Losing Conklin only hurts from losing O Line chemistry in my book. They will replace him, and hopefully that chemistry will happen before half the season is over. To win the AFC (and a Super Bowl) the defense will have to have an answer for the Chief's offense - if they get that, then they will win the AFC South. If they don't it really doesn't matter.

The offensive skill starters from our incredible run last year are ALL returning. Losing Tajae and Lewis is fine, both will be upgraded in the draft. Maybe we can finally get that burner deep threat!

The defense let us down a bit last year. They could NOT get pressure on QBs consistently. If we get Clowney, our pass rush will be VASTLY better this year with a healthy Simmons, Clowney and Beasley. How good does that sound?!

As for Logan, well he really fell off down the stretch last year. Jackson, Butler and Brock all had significantly higher coverage grades. There’s a reason he hasn’t signed anywhere yet. I still believe we’re going CB in round one, but could see us bringing Brock back on the cheap.

Loooooong way to go till the season starts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back