Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Probably looking at an OLB type early. Maybe another later.

Chase Young will go too early. We might have a shot at all the others.

Yetur Gross-Matos, AJ Epenesa, Curtis Weaver, Anfernee Jennings, Terrell Lewis, Bradlee Anae, Kenny Willekes, Darrell Taylor, the Florida guys, etc, etc, etc.

Who you like?

I think Gross- Matos will be a monster. Love Epenesa, but kind of a tweener for a 3-4. Weaver and Anae have great production. Love the versatility of Jennings.

I agree with this for R1.

R1 = Pass Rusher
R2 = QB (Eason) or DL if we are looking at Love as a R3/4 QB prospect
R3 = best of remaining C/OL, CB, or RB. Or DL if we took a QB in R2.
R4+ = DL/OLB and OL depth.

Also will need a kicker at some point.

I agree with this for R1.

R1 = Pass Rusher
R2 = QB (Eason) or DL if we are looking at Love as a R3/4 QB prospect
R3 = best of remaining C/OL, CB, or RB. Or DL if we took a QB in R2.
R4+ = DL/OLB and OL depth.

Also will need a kicker at some point.

Drafting Eason in the 2nd after someone takes him the day before will make us a laughingstock.

Um, no.

No QB until R4 or later... if at all.

Talk about a waste.

Exactly. If you sign Tannehill nothing but a late round QB.

1. Improve Passrush with OLB, DE, or DL
2. Draft Henry’s replacement—let Henry walk
3. Draft CB if we let Ryan go/or maybe OL

Henry's a face of the Franchise kind of player. You don't let that walk.

why not? Winning matters more. So if it’s a bad call long rearm to sign him you don’t do it. If it hurts winning long term you make a different decision. Would the Patriots do this? Don’t think so. You know who would? Cowboys, Arizona, Rams, Jets, all team we really want to emulate. All teams that have paid a lot for an RB and wished they didn’t.

why not? Winning matters more. So if it’s a bad call long rearm to sign him you don’t do it. If it hurts winning long term you make a different decision. Would the Patriots do this? Don’t think so. You know who would? Cowboys, Arizona, Rams, Jets, all team we really want to emulate. All teams that have paid a lot for an RB and wished they didn’t.
Because he's also good.

A good RB that is the face of the franchise. You don't let that walk until he's no longer good.

Because he's also good.

A good RB that is the face of the franchise. You don't let that walk until he's no longer good.

How is that working out for the Rams? The Cowboys? The backs they signed were as good or better than Henry. Both look like they will miss the playoffs. You are being short sighted.

Zeke's not the problem in Dallas... the coaching is.

Rams are a gimmicky team that didn't have a face of the franchise and forced Gurley into the ground running him nonstop. They also spent a ton on everything else.

Not good examples for comparison .

Zeke's not the problem in Dallas... the coaching is.

Rams are a gimmicky team that didn't have a face of the franchise and forced Gurley into the ground running him nonstop. They also spent a ton on everything else.

Not good examples for comparison .

Gurley was definitely the face of the franchise. And the comparison will be great next year. We have to take care of Tannehill, Conklin, Logan, and Henry...and a number of others. So if we sign Henry and the rest, we will be right where those teams are...not a good cap situation.

Gurley was definitely the face of the franchise. And the comparison will be great next year. We have to take care of Tannehill, Conklin, Logan, and Henry...and a number of others. So if we sign Henry and the rest, we will be right where those teams are...not a good cap situation.
If it was a great comparison, then you would've acknowledged everything I said.

If it was a great comparison, then you would've acknowledged everything I said.

How is our situation that different from the Cowboys? We need to spend a lot of money on a QB, RT, CB, and RB...and still have money to sign other players and young players coming up in the coming years. Cowboys just signed the RB to a huge deal and now have to take care of the QB and WR...and will struggle to sign younger taken when the times come. Seems a good comparison. And Elliot was one of the faces of the franchise.

And while the Rams spent their money before or at the same time they are still in the same cap situation we will be in. They just did it all in a different order. And Gurley was the face of the franchise when they signed him.

Is there something I didn’t address here?

Exactly. If you sign Tannehill nothing but a late round QB.

1. Improve Passrush with OLB, DE, or DL
2. Draft Henry’s replacement—let Henry walk
3. Draft CB if we let Ryan go/or maybe OL

But with Tannehill’s injury history and how our OLine has played we should get a good backup to salvage the season in the worst case if he goes down. Plus he’s in his 30’s probably 3 more prime years good to have a good draft guy

I'm tired of having OLB being DE's in the 3-4. I'm ready to get true Defensive Ends, DaQuan and Simmons at DT in a full-time 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back