Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stars have 3 more games than we do and 1 heads up. Going to be tough to hang on to the point lead. I'm in DFW, so the trash talk is ramping up. Lol

True. But our remaining schedule is easier than theirs and we have one game head to head in Nashville. I agree it's going to be tough, but if we close out with same points, we take the spot due to tie-breakers. Interesting hockey nonetheless.

I hope somebody here other than me watched the Preds last night. It was probably the most intense well played game I’ve ever seen.

preds won 1-0 on OT. Both teams played out of their minds, the goalies fir both teams played out of this world. Especially Saros.

just looked over schedules and standings... last nights game was critical.

situation that, for so long, Predators did not come thru in.

good job.

Nashville needs to follow up and take down Columbus next 2 games...

Great to have Forsberg back and start to get healthy, but let's face it this team is not a cup contender. Would be best to rebuild, trade away Ellis, Rinne, Forsberg.

Great to have Forsberg back and start to get healthy, but let's face it this team is not a cup contender. Would be best to rebuild, trade away Ellis, Rinne, Forsberg.

I don't agree. Team is built to win with a good group of youth. They got a lot of playing time while others out with injury.

Rinne is a good back up now, transitioned admirably to the role. Ellis and Forsberg still great players, def have a role this year- but probably next one could go and we'd be fine. Johansen, and Duchenne are the guys not living up to their contracts- they should have been moved but nobody wants their overpaid contracts. Josi a star, Saros having a star year. This team doesn't appear to be a cup contender because of injuries and underproduction by Duchenne and especially Johansen. They are built to be in it every year for the next 3 or 4 years.

I don't agree. Team is built to win with a good group of youth. They got a lot of playing time while others out with injury.

Rinne is a good back up now, transitioned admirably to the role. Ellis and Forsberg still great players, def have a role this year- but probably next one could go and we'd be fine. Johansen, and Duchenne are the guys not living up to their contracts- they should have been moved but nobody wants their overpaid contracts. Josi a star, Saros having a star year. This team doesn't appear to be a cup contender because of injuries and underproduction by Duchenne and especially Johansen. They are built to be in it every year for the next 3 or 4 years.

One star is not enough to win a cup, not anymore. And goaltending is becoming less and less important. It's more important in today's NHL to have one great line and good depth. Forwards way more important than defensemen or goalies.

I have a hard time believing Nashville can keep up with the top line of Colorado, or the defense of Vegas. Those teams are built to be top of the West for years to come.
Nashville is an average team. Statistically they have a below average power play, and are one of the worst defensively when man down. They are 21st in the league in goals for, and have given up the 14th most goals in the league. In terms of discipline they have the 6th most penalty minutes, 2nd worst in the league in difference in penalty minutes (given vs taken). They need to start over.

I thought they were going to lock it up last night.

If they can get in and get hot, it'll make the month of May a lot more interesting.

Preds in! They played a great game last night- everybody contributed. Granlund continues to be very strong. Saros as well.

'Canes a better team overall, but the 40% capacity crowd was amped up last night and pushed our younger depth. Kunin had 2 goals w/ great assists from the vets. I'm interested to see if the younger production continues into the playoffs with as this will be a lot of their first 7th man Bridgestone arena experience.

Carolina is good but they don't have a goalie with playoff experience, which could swing a couple games. The hurricanes have a healthy team which is young and skate full length. They play good defense, have defenseman who can score (hamilton) and incredible young talent up front (aho, teravinen, svechnikov, trocheck). Carolina has a top 5 power play, and a top 5 penalty kill percent.

My prediction: Canes in 5. This matchup is a David vs Goliath type. However, these upsets can happen it's very similar to the Columbus vs. Tampa Bay matchup in 2019 that Columbus swept Tampa in. I just can't see it happening again though.

Juuse Saros ... more like Jesus Saros

I agree about Saros. And boy was I wrong. I didn't think he was the answer last year and early in this season.

Johannsen is playing a LOT better this series than in the regular season. The 'Canes have better (younger) physical talent- they skate fast and precise. Anything can happen, but the 7th man was BIG in these 2 homes games.

I encourage everybody to get a ticket if they can to game 6. The 'Bridge is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back