Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh it's preseason". "Oh it's his first start" "Oh he doesn't have any help".

Excuse after excuse as to why Willis is terrible. But I think he's terrible just because he is. Watch the guy play and there is ZERO indication of him being anything. Take out every other factor and he just doesn't look the part. If there was something there, it would show even in bad circumstances.

I don't know that I've seen fans and media hold on to so much hope for such a bad player, ever. Lol It's so weird.
What I took from the article was how slow Willis is to process what he sees and throw the ball.

What I took from the article was how slow Willis is to process what he sees and throw the ball.
I was speaking in general. Announcers talked him up every game. There were articles about how he was progressing etc after every game he played. Fans keep acting like there is hope for him to be an NFL QB. All BS.

Willis was ALWAYS a developmental prospect. He was never intended to play in his first year or two. He could still become Jalen Hurts for all we know. Hurts was terrible until year 3 when he finally figured it out with a star OL and WR group.

I was speaking in general. Announcers talked him up every game. There were articles about how he was progressing etc after every game he played. Fans keep acting like there is hope for him to be an NFL QB. All BS.
I actually wasn’t commenting on your opinion, just my main observation of the article. He process too slowly to be effective at this point in his “career”.

Willis was ALWAYS a developmental prospect. He was never intended to play in his first year or two. He could still become Jalen Hurts for all we know. Hurts was terrible until year 3 when he finally figured it out with a star OL and WR group.
Hurts got better every year from college forward. Willis, when I look at his college stats, never seem to back up the hype. I didn’t understand it during the draft and don’t understand it now. I guess the switch could click for him at some point, and as long as he rides the practice squad train until it does, I don’t mind him trying and learning. However, I do not want him in a real game again until he does. He simply isn’t close to ready. If he changes my mind by 2024, then bully for him. Forgive me if I don’t hold my breath.

Geno Smith might be a more realistic goal

Theres probably 10+ 3rd string/practice squad guys that looked better than Willis in preseason out of the gate. Why not make them the project QBs and stop hyping the guy that looks like he's never played football in his life?

Can't build a QB from nothing and Willis has shown a big nothing.

And no, I have never seen a QB look as bad as Willis and suddenly become an NFL QB. It doesn't happen so let's stop that. Hell I don't know if I've ever seen a QB play as bad as Willis, period.

Put him on the PS and he'll be gone, picked up by a very desperate QB needy team for no compensation. Keep him as the #3 at minimum.
If Ran drafts his own developmental guy, then they probably do pass. There are always athletic prospects with strong arms every draft. Honestly, Willis isn’t a special talent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Put him on the PS and he'll be gone, picked up by a very desperate QB needy team for no compensation. Keep him as the #3 at minimum.
No one will look at Willis' body of work and think "damn I have to have that guy on my roster!"

People are delusional when it comes to this guy.... Seriously.

No one will look at Willis' body of work and think "damn I have to have that guy on my roster!"

People are delusional when it comes to this guy.... Seriously.
You underestimate the power that "potential" still has in the league. Somewhere, on some team, there is a coach that is still wishing they had an opportunity to try and turn him into something.

You underestimate the power that "potential" still has in the league. Somewhere, on some team, there is a coach that is still wishing they had an opportunity to try and turn him into something.
What potential? He has about as much potential at being an NFL QB as I do from the looks of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back