Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right there. You can get a 'decent' QB later than the 2nd round. Which odds are greater / worse, finding that ONE QB who elevates your entire team or elevating your entire team via the draft and landing a 'decent' QB? It's precisely because QBs are such a carpshoot, I'd rather build my team around the QB vs hunting for that QB first.
I think you’re always hunting until you actually land one. That “one” can also be found outside of the top of the first. Look at the list of Hall of Fame (or sure future HOF) QBs drafted either late in 1st or even later rounds.

Brady(6 rounder), Farvre (2nd rounder) Kurt Warner (UDFA), Warren Moon (UDFA), Dan Fouts (3rd), Dan Marino (27 pick 1st) and Aaron Rodgers (24th pick 1st) to name a few.

On the flip side we could make a huge list of the busts that were drafted in in the top 5 or10 of the first round too. It’s a crap shoot 99% of the time. If you see a guy that you think has a “shot” at being the guy, you gotta take it. Just don’t want to blow your wad or mortgage the teams future on that guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you’re always hunting until you actually land one. That “one” can also be found outside of the top of the first. Look at the list of Hall of Fame (or sure future HOF) QBs drafted either late in 1st or even later rounds.

Brady(6 rounder), Farvre (2nd rounder) Kurt Warner (UDFA), Warren Moon (UDFA), Dan Fouts (3rd), Dan Marino (27 pick 1st) and Aaron Rodgers (24th pick 1st) to name a few.

On the flip side we could make a huge list of the busts that were drafted in in the top 5 or10 of the first round too. It’s a crap shoot 99% of the time. If you see a guy that you think has a “shot” at being the guy, you gotta take it. Just don’t want to blow your wad or mortgage the teams future on that guy.

I think now is when I'm supposed to remind everyone that Aaron Rodgers has as many SB wins as Trent Dilfer. Why? Because the Ravens surrounded TD with talent. And the Packers surrounded AR with a bunch of 5th round skill position players. And it's a heckava lot easier to find the Trent Dilfers in the world than it is the Aaron Rodgers...

I have a crazy thought....Tanny for Hopkins after the draft. Tanny fills a 1 yr need for the Cardinals while Murray recovers and they get to unload the long term contract of Hopkins. Titans just had to make sure they got their QB before it could happen....

I have a crazy thought....Tanny for Hopkins after the draft. Tanny fills a 1 yr need for the Cardinals while Murray recovers and they get to unload the long term contract of Hopkins. Titans just had to make sure they got their QB before it could happen....
interesting... but that leaves the possibility I have to see mw7 play QB again... I dont think I can take that

only reason to draft a K/P is if you plan on keeping them for a decade

which is fine if that is the plan - you dont let that guy get away

There has to be someone still available in any round that is better than NWI.

Actually NWI isn't as bad as WR if he stays in his lane, which is WR #3. He gets a ton of hate, since he was forced to play #2 and at times #1. If he was solely a #3 WR he would actually be very useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back