Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yooo when’s the draft?? And looking to acquire some picks in the first and 2nd every player is for sale as always. Even Eli Manning believe it or not lol.

Mahomes is probably better than any QB in this class and Bell is a top 3 or 4 RB at worst. RBs are now Hyde, Brieda, and Aaron Jones. Not sure if I’d have accepted that one personally.

It's kind of a weird trade to sort out. On the one hand fry made all those trades to collect all those 1st's just to turn around and dump them all for Bell and a totally unproven QB. On the other hand, there's no doubt he's in better shape for the 2018 season with Bell (with Mahomes TBD). His RB situation is pretty absurd right now.

I can't really blame Dan for moving Bell now either. I don't really see an immediate big loser in this deal. Just kinda risky for both sides imo.

It's kind of a weird trade to sort out. On the one hand fry made all those trades to collect all those 1st's just to turn around and dump them all for Bell and a totally unproven QB. On the other hand, there's no doubt he's in better shape for the 2018 season with Bell (with Mahomes TBD). His RB situation is pretty absurd right now.

I can't really blame Dan for moving Bell now either. I don't really see an immediate big loser in this deal. Just kinda risky for both sides imo.

Seems like a fair trade overall. I just think it puts Dan in a bad situation because of his RBs. I’d have tried to move Bell too but I would have looked to get a young RB in return as well. His hand seems forced to take a RB at 3 or 4. I mean if the chips fall right he could be ok. I know how I’d approach those 3 firsts but you never know how the draft is going to shake out.

Here was my mindset with this offseason; I needed to upgrade WR, improve depth at RB, find a third QB(ideally a young one), and get a young TE. I initially intended to do all of this via the first round of the draft, but I'll get to that later.

I traded a 2019 1st for Evan Engram. I think with improved o-line play he will be out on routes more. Yeah, OBJ being healthy will eat into his production from last year, but Pat Shurmur TEs are fucking money. Check out the stats on that.

I moved 1.5 for Shady and Fitz. Cooper Kupp goes to the bench and Fitz is an obvious starter. Shady is a stopgap starter for a year, and I would have added two rookies with a 50/50 chance of hitting on them. After this trade, I kind of went from trying to set myself up for the future to winning now. Shady is 29 and Fitz is going year-to-year Brett Favre style.

Now that I added Bell, Shady goes to the bench and is great depth if the Jags run Fournette into the ground over the course of the season.

I look at Mahomes about the same as I do Mayfield and Darnold. Totally unproven, and all are probable starters on day one, but I like Mahomes' situation a lot more than going with a guy the Browns or Jets believe in. I was 100% going to take Mayfield at 1.4 until he went to Cleveland. I'll believe they're right about a QB after it happens.

As far as having all of these picks initially, I didn't feel like I needed six picks in the first 28 selections. That would have been too much quantity from one draft. Plus, to be totally honest, I fucking hate the offensive talent in the 2018 and 2019 classes, so trading for future picks didn't really seem like a great idea. Stocking picks for next year to trade for 2020 sounds nice, but who even knows if this thing is going to go on in 2020. We already have a team that is on it's third owner and @Tennessy XO/ @SteelCurtain is in dire straights.

I didn't really want to add 2.11, but it got the deal done and I got the two players I wanted, so it is what it is.

It's kind of a weird trade to sort out. On the one hand fry made all those trades to collect all those 1st's just to turn around and dump them all for Bell and a totally unproven QB.
I moved Zeke, Carr, a 2nd, and a 3rd for Winston, three 2018 1sts, and a 2019 1st.

After this trade I ended up with Winston, Shady, Bell, Fitz, Evan Engram, and Mahomes. I like that more than just Zeke and Carr.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back