Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
so Robinson/beasley cost the Titans CAP & a draft pick.... amazing
If Beasley hadn’t already had a poor reputation it would be less maddening. Beasley clearly has zero shame or self pride because he gave no effort at all. Showing up late and acting like a jerk... the whole thing was a disaster. Piling on a reduction of rollover space and the loss of a compensatory pick is just salt in the wounds.

so what is exactly the determining factor in why you lose a draft pick for cutting a 1 year deal? Maybe language of what's actually in the contract??

Nice thing about comp picks is they can now be used in a trade. So it might give us the ability to move up in the 2nd or 3rd if the right guy is there. I'm still thinking CB is going to be our pick in the 1st and we have three maybe four good quality CBs in this draft and ne is going to be there. Surtain and Farley will probably be gone but Horn or Samuels will probably be there.

My preference would be to select Baremore and look for a CB (maybe with a trade up) in the 2nd or 3rd.

On paper Gooden looked the part running a sub 4.5, 6.71 3 cone, and a 38 inch vertical. He even benched 27 times. Problem was he wasn't a very instinctual LB.

On paper Gooden looked the part running a sub 4.5, 6.71 3 cone, and a 38 inch vertical. He even benched 27 times. Problem was he wasn't a very instinctual LB.
Exactly....I don’t care how fast you are if you can’t figure out where to run....fantastic if you have blazing speed, but run in the wrong direction then that is no help.

Rather have a guy who can anticipate and make the right first steps in a hurry but not be blazing fast than a guy who is fast but slow to react. Especially at LB where instincts are everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back