Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
With several injuries this year with Erron Kinney, Ben Troupe, and Bo Scaife. Is this a position you would like to see addressed through the draft or free agency. The injury to Kinney(big f850 is my nick name for hi) to his knee looks like it could be a career ending one who are some names out there that could be or you would like to see wearing two-tone blue.

I honestly think I'd be comfortable going into the season with Troupe and Shaife as #1 and 2, if anyone has a different view feel free to convince me otherwise, but I don't see those two as bad options.

2nd day draft pick (thinkin mid 5th)
see no need to go after a FA
but curious to know if Chow could convert Mike Williams into a TE

Nah. Wasted pick/money. Tight Ends come a dime a dozen anyway, so if we find out that there is an actual need for one, we can pick one up at a local bus stop or something.
Think we're set at the position though.

Titans have a pretty serious need for a TE...it's probably their single biggest need on the offensive side of the ball, moreso even than WR.

Troupe has been inconsistent, and neither Troupe nor Scaife is a particularly good blocker. There are also depth concerns....in the latter part of 2006, there were time when the #1 TE was a midseason waiver wire pickup. The team would benefit enormously by having a solid, dependable presence at TE....the new Frank Wycheck.

A good TE can compensate for a mediocre WR corps, and picking up a TE via draft or free agency is less risky than picking up a WR....a WR who's great in one system may or may not work in another, but a good TE can generally switch teams without a problem.

Expect the Titans to be one of the prime suitors for Daniel Graham's services in free agency.

I doubt we look to spend much money on a TE. I can see us picking one in the draft in day two. The biggest problem is keeping these guys healthy, not their level of talent. IMO Troupe could have really helped last year had he not been hurt and Scaife looks like an above average TE. Hartsock is a very good blocking TE. A guy like Graham wouldn't help much IMO and is not worth the money. He isn't any better than Scaife.

I'm really up in the air about this topic..At times I feel we should invest in Graham or go for a TE maybe in the 3rd...but then at times I feel fine with Troupe, Scaife and Hartsock.

I like the Texas to Texas connection of Young to Scaife. If Troupe can become more consistent I think we will be fine.

I don't think that TE is more of a need then WR.

No new TEs..

I bet we don't draft even one. Maybe in day 2 but not because they are looking for one but because they see value there.

Any new TEs appearing in camp will be UDFA or guys who have been cut from other teams like a hartsock. I think kinney is done here given his age, injury and salary. We'll find a servicable #3 from the scrap heap or the undrafted if hatsock isn't the one.. Troupe and scaife can battle for the top job..

TEs are less important now that we have a solid FB.

There is that better..

Maybe in DAY 2 we draft a TE but i doubt it.

We need defense, wide receivers and interior offensive lineman. Even another QB before we draft a TE..

RollTide said:
Even another QB before we draft a TE..
Actually, most people should probably agree with this statement, we do need depth there, beyond Vince we've got Kerry Collins (who I believe was signed to a one year deal and therefore will probably not be a Titan next season) and Matt Mauck, who's spent at least three years on the practice squad :flush:

I'd love to see us pickup Graham. My buddy who works for the Patriots never stops shutting up about how under utilized he is in New England and what a monster of a dedicated athlete he is. Says he would be a Top 5 TE in the league easy if he was in a different situation. My buddy also told me we were stupid to pay Givens the money we did when we signed him and so far he was spot on with that assesment.

Dangermode said:
My buddy also told me we were stupid to pay Givens the money we did when we signed him and so far he was spot on with that assesment.
Because he got hurt, let him get through a full season, then pass judgement (unless he doesn't stay healthy through this season, because then there's no way anyone could argue he's not injury-prone)

oochymp said:
Because he got hurt, let him get through a full season, then pass judgement (unless he doesn't stay healthy through this season, because then there's no way anyone could argue he's not injury-prone)

Oh I'm not passing judgement yet but I do feel we overpaid. I would love to be proved wrong on this one!:yes:

Instead of drafting one we could just give a roster invite to guys like Blakely and Gunther. I would much rather give them a shot rather than wasting a pick on another TE. Our guys we got now are fine when healthy, boy have we used that line too much!

SuperVince said:
Instead of drafting one we could just give a roster invite to guys like Blakely and Gunther. I would much rather give them a shot rather than wasting a pick on another TE.
Bo Scaife was a 6th round pick, do you think he was a waste of a pick?...

Dangermode said:
Oh I'm not passing judgement yet but I do feel we overpaid. I would love to be proved wrong on this one!:yes:

No reason to over pay for a TE who isn't any better than what we already have on our roster. I mean 21 catches for 235 yards is not eye popping especially when we already have Scaife (29 catches for 370 yards and missed time injured). We also still have Troupe, year before last had 55 catches for over 500 yards. It would be ridiculous to pay a vet TE big money and then have to have Scaife or Troupe be the 3rd TE. I would rather send some money Scaife's way to extend him. Another dilema signing another TE would cause is if Troupe puts together a year even better than his 500+ yard year. We would have to let him walk after next year because we have so much tied up in the TE postion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back