Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be thrilled if we sign Graham. Hartsock is not good. Graham would play better for the Titans than the Pats. Fisher is more determined to feature a power running game at all costs than Belechick. Graham is a very good blocker and fits our system better. The Pats sub him a lot when they want to spread the field. With Brady at QB, that is a wise move.

Our 2 top TEs now both have very serious injury risks attached to them. We need 3 that can play.

To be fair, Hartsock needs a camp and preseason to show us his full potential.

I don't see the Titans bringing in a free agent or using a pick above the sixth round UNLESS they've given up on Troupe.

The Titans need to have an inline blocking TE, something nobody here wants to mention. Troupe improved his blocking last year, but still leaves some to be desired. Scaife is a H-back, not a TE in the traditional sense, and even less of a blocker than Troupe. Hartsock should be able to fill Kinney's role as a blocker, if he's healthy. He came to us last year after an injury and as Jeff says, we should see how good he can be this summer.

Fisher loves to run the ball, and with Hall as a lead-blocking FB, a good inline blocking TE can help get the Titans back to being a strong running team. It looks kind of silly to have Hall as a lead blocker but no blocking TE on third and one.

TitanJeff said:
To be fair, Hartsock needs a camp and preseason to show us his full potential.
not really, he played in a prolific offense with colts and managed to have 6 receptions for 41 yards and 0 tds in two seasons. he just isnt very good as far as catching the ball.

The Gloat said:
Troupe > Graham. The guy had an off year. It happens. But his potential is far beyond Graham's.
i think he is more talented and athletically gifted, but troupe is as dumb as a box of rocks.

i saw him getting yelled at numerous times before he got injured. did anyone notice the only routes he ran were in the flat? i guess the coaches figured he couldnt screw that up and could run someone over for a first down.

A.D. said:
The Titans need to have an inline blocking TE, something nobody here wants to mention. Troupe improved his blocking last year, but still leaves some to be desired. Scaife is a H-back, not a TE in the traditional sense, and even less of a blocker than Troupe. Hartsock should be able to fill Kinney's role as a blocker, if he's healthy. He came to us last year after an injury and as Jeff says, we should see how good he can be this summer.

Fisher loves to run the ball, and with Hall as a lead-blocking FB, a good inline blocking TE can help get the Titans back to being a strong running team. It looks kind of silly to have Hall as a lead blocker but no blocking TE on third and one.

I still don't get why we are ready to give up on Troupe and why Graham is all of a sudden thought of as some TE stud. The guy is average at best, much much less as a playmaker than Troupe, no better blocker than Hartsock (probally not as good) and all around not better than Scaife.

I can see using a second day pick (a late one like Scaife was) on a TE they like who would have to beat out Hartsock in camp to get a roster spot. We are not going to carry more than three TEs and I would hate to sign Graham so he could be our #3 TE.

First, back to the overpaying Givens.. in case we ever forget, after the 05 season, we sucked pretty bad with a lot of rebuilding ahead of us.. it's hard to convince FA's to come here and take on that task without some extra cash incentive.. we paid what we had to pay at the time to get the ship turned around,, if it were this off season we might not have had to pay as much because a player would think he was going to a team on the way up... as for the Troupe comment...great physical talent but does he know the plays and formations?? does he make the right reads? perhaps Troupe's low Wonderlick caught up with him in that way...

Dangermode get real..

We are going to pay big money for a TE who has averaged 20 catches a season? Bullcrap. He isn't any better than what we have.

The only issue at hand is contracts in which both sciafe and troupe are restricted free agents in 2008 but i would rather get a long term deal with scaife than sign someone else..

Everyone is looking at our cap surplus like it's a bottomless well and we can pay big money to even players that are not essential. Not true. we need to get some of our own players inked and then maybe get long term deals for some guys like sciafe who have contracts that run out in 2008.

While we're on the subject of TE's.....did the Titans ever give an explanation as to Troupe's season-ending injury? They said he injured his foot while making the TD catch in Philly, but he wasn't even limping when he came off the field, and played the rest of the game.....but then they IR'ed him the following Monday. It just struck me as a bit odd.

Maybe a Day 2 Draft pick. If the right value is there. We need a WR more than we do TE at this point. Or atleast a consitent WR.

We've got 11 picks, so a day 2 TE pick wouldn't surprise me. We've had luck with TE. We've cut TE from the team that are probably good enough to consider for #3 (Blakely, Gunther) and we do have to plan ahead for Kinney replacement given his knee status. It's not an immediate need, but longer term need that probably warrants a draft pick. We can probably do OK via free agency, but I can see grabbing a TE they like in late rounds too.

You draft folks who have a chance to make the team, and I can see a #3 TE draft pick having a good chance of making the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back