Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soxcat said:
One player doesn't make or break a team. However the difference in getting a guy like Polamalu instead of Woolfolk is about the same as getting Randy Moss instead of Kevin Dyson. It can go a long way.
By the way I agree with Tide, if the Steelers had drafted Woolfolk instead of trading up and getting Polamalu they would not be in the SB.

Who Cares Soxcat, you always agree with anyone bashing Andre. Here is his official hate list. There are disappointed lists, but this is his hate list:

Soxcat, RollTide, Brian (of course), and then strong dislike. Why even mention him in conjuction with this thread so it is hate.... No one will convince me of any different so don't try.. Ok, strong dislike - there are a few, but I won't burn fragile. bridges. There is one new guy though that expressed very strongly to me in a PM... You know who you are. Nothing will ever change my defensive posture, so those of you that get upset at it and retaliate to this note, remember, people have no problem with people commenting, so that is exactly what I am doing .... commenting.

Now here comes the awkward humor (Sad to have to explain that things are just a joke first, but , some people have no sense of humor):

Soxcat and Rolltide, you are both also infactuated with Andre and the fact that you once again brought him up in a thread that should have had nothing to do with him is proof, so here is your suggested signature line:

"I Just Love Andre Woolfolk" Come on, don't be afraid, fess up and use it.... Admit it.:toast: :toast: :rotfl:

Be the strong posters that you are. Show your true strength.... Be brave.... Break out of the box you normally post it.... LOL

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
I love Andre Woolfolk.

See guys, it isn't that hard. BiPolar is the man and he is not only the King Smack Returner and Smack Return Trainer. He is the ultimate play along with the joke, add fuel to the joke expert... Come On Sox, where are you... Tide, stop rolling for a moment, Brian, laugh with your Avatar, then dedicate this thread back to it's true topic.

I don't think you're telling him anything he didn't already know. He read before he joined. And he's still here.

BTW, I love Andre Woolfolk, too.

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
The blinkers were on? That's a strange expression.
I always thought it was blinders. :ha:
Who knew that Troy was going to be as good as he is?
I wish we had him. That guy is amazing.

Help! I've got the blinkers on...and I'm not turning!

WTF?

Oy, gov'na, me blinkers and bloomers are all mixed like a poofter, and I've nary a pence for my pining. Blimey!

Starkiller said:
There is a reason that a player's family shouldn't get too involved with a fan forum. You may not like what you hear...

Been here for toooooo long Starkiller .... Little late for that now. A good reason to be involved is to give a little insight from and inside source. Of course I limit the information I give

Uncle...

What a load of crap! I have never been a woolfolk "hater" that is so dumb. My initial post wasn't even that critical. I just said the steelers could have stood pat and drafted your nephew instead of taking a risk and getting a real difference maker.

You know damn well that andre woolfolk has not become the big time shut down corner we drafted him for. You know damn well he has not been an impact player. So what are you complaining about? Hell the kid has only appeared in 29 out of a possible 48 football games.

That's not hate, that's just fact!

By the way a poster(Not anyone on your cry baby hate list either) started an entire thread asking the question; is woolfolk a bust? Did you see that one?

Let's see, andre got a singing bonus of $3M+. He has made an average of 500K in salary and will make over 600K in 2006. Maybe andre should get on this board and apologize to titan fans for being over paid especially since he has missed 40% of the teams games.

I don't want to get drawn into it all but what does Andre think about his play??!? Does he realise he should be playing better??!?
It's scary looking back over those past drafts and wondering who we could have got.. fingers crossed for this April eh!

For the ignorant...

Blinders and blinkers mean the same damn thing.

From racebook.com..

4. Changes in equipment
Blinkers are used on horses to limit their vision and to prevent them from swerving from objects or other horses. It's worth noting changes in blinkers - a horse wearing them for the first time (or for the first time in a number of starts) or racing without them for the first time.

One need not go to the race track to see a horses a$$. They need to just sign on here at gotitans.com.

RollTide said:

From racebook.com..

4. Changes in equipment
Blinkers are used on horses to limit their vision and to prevent them from swerving from objects or other horses. It's worth noting changes in blinkers - a horse wearing them for the first time (or for the first time in a number of starts) or racing without them for the first time.

One need not go to the race track to see a horses a$$. They need to just sign on here at gotitans.com.
What is wrong with you man? Day after day, post after post you go on theses crazy rants, putting people down and just basically acting like a jerk. You make great points all the time, I'll grant you that and I'll even concede that often your dead on with the statistical analysis even though at times you just manipulate the truth to fit your version of reality.

Fact is jack there is no need for you to go around acticing like such an elitist hothead. It's just not cool. So what if I find your version of a common saying a bit amusing, I didn't imply that your some kind of moron. I just laughed because I found it funny. Now I'm ignorant. Fair enough, I didn't know. It's a fair statement. I see your tone though. I'm not blind to that. I hope you don't treat your real friends like that. :sad2:

SteveH said:
I don't want to get drawn into it all but what does Andre think about his play??!? Does he realise he should be playing better??!?
It's scary looking back over those past drafts and wondering who we could have got.. fingers crossed for this April eh!

As far as Andre's thoughts. The last time I spoke with him was right after his injury that made him miss three games. The next day as a matter of fact and that my friends was a solid game, so he was confident and proud then, 5 solo tackles, 3 pass defenses all in the first half (outlined again below). He also had not lost his job yet. Say what you will, he was improving and the injury slowed his progress.

I have said it before and I will say it now. Andre is not a quitter and he is not playing terrible like some of you suggest. The times when he was put on display and burned, it was by big time receivers that burn everybody. When a team is losing, everybody gets pissed and points fingers. His worst criticized games were vs Marvin Harrison and Torrie Holt. Wow, they torch everybody HOF Cornerbacks, Pro Bowl Cornerbacks, etc. Now vs a hot young receiver that is starting to make his strides and marks, Andre shut him down... That was Larry Fitzgerald. He held him to 7 yards on two receptions. Had 3 PDs vs him in the first half alone. Then he went down injured in the 3rd qtr. What happens, Fitz explodes and catches 2 TDs vs Hill and Waddell. Andre was improving then. When he returned playing the nickel, there were two games where no passes where caught by the slot receivers he was covering - zero. Yet, his critics continued to talk trash. In another thread, someone (you know who you are) said he was not a scapegoat. You were wrong. The entire Defense minus Bulluck was burned up in the last two games and that includes Hill, Pac Man, etc. Steve was throwing picks. The games were just ugly by the team period. ONE MORE TIME: His off season workout (first one healthy since his arrival) will be crucial (during offseason workout with Sooners was twice voted as the teams ironman - right around Roy Williams, Tommie Harris, Rocky Calmus, etc). He will be ready this time.

RollTide said:

From racebook.com..

4. Changes in equipment

Off the medication again Tide?

RollTide said:
Soxcat said:
Off the medication again Tide?
See Tide, even your real life friend has a sense of humor.
All I am saying is to lighten up.
There is no need to cut everybody you do not agree with.

I happen to enjoy your rants sometimes...when they are not going after somebody. I learned a long time ago that you do not care for me and I do not expect that to change...The funny thing about this is that I know you really didn't have me on ignore afterall! :ha:

Laughter is the best medication by the way...:winker:

Bipolar...

I learned a long time ago that you do not care for me and I do not expect that to change.
---------------------------------

Since when?

Keep saying nice things about me and we will be pals.

Rolltide, elitist hothead. And damn proud of it!

RollTide said:
I learned a long time ago that you do not care for me and I do not expect that to change.
---------------------------------

Since when?

Keep saying nice things about me and we will be pals.

Rolltide, elitist hothead. And damn proud of it!

:flame: :crazy: :cuss: RROOOLLLL TIDE!!!

So, uhmmm... too bad XMas just passed. I wanted to ask Santa for Troy at SS and Ed at FS. That's not too much to ask for, is it?

WoolfolksUncle said:
:flame: :crazy: :cuss: RROOOLLLL TIDE!!!
Is that what they call "poking the Bear"? :lol3:

You know, I've always hated all the Woolfolk talk, but W.U., it's not all completely unfounded. I just happen to not buy into all that because Dre can be that special player. I've got more faith in Dre than Lamont. If Lamont's cousin was online here people would come out of the woodwork to hate on him, and they have now that there is this girl running around acting like they drink Maxwell House together every saturday morning...

The point is this long haired guy for the Steelers and Andre have nothing to do with eachother in the context of this thread. I take it that it is your contention that Dre was brought up her only to inflame you...well, I don't know that that is entirely true but that's not to say that it didn't occur to anybody while posting it...

I still fail to see the validity of the argument that Reese was dumb/blind to draft Woolfolk as opposed to dumping picks to move up...

What about Chad Johnson then...gifted receiver...was anybody moving up to get him? No, he was a third round pick...oh, he's a steal...my bad...

Hindsight on a draft is merely that. It's hindsight...that's all. You can't go back a judge a GM because something unfortunate happened to a player...
What kind of crap is that? Dre still might be that shutdown corner that the Titans drafted him for...

Trust me... Arizona was happy to be rid of KVB's injury riddled a$$...
Now look at him...Mr. Big shot...

I don't get why people hate on Woolfolk like that...
(I use the term 'hate' loosely)

Tank Williams has been a mess and seems everyone is high on him because he's looked half decent at the end...Meanwhile Lamont is run through the mill because he's been torched, run over, and hasn't made big plays...but he's healthy!

What it boils down to is winning...this team does not win. They are 9-23 over the last two years and currently there is not a great deal of hope for it to improve. What can I say? I don't know what the problem/problems is/are... They are many. All you can really do is keep believing that Woolfolk is part of the solution and not part of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back