Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's premature. In fact, it MAY make Hall's task harder because the coaches won't get to see them compete (in other words, they may give Fleming more time to prove himself). I doubt that, but you never know. More pressing is the fact that we have 3 good RBs on the roster already, and we may not even keep a 4th. Also, Ganther is looking pretty good out there and will still give Hall competition.

All that said, I'd love to see Hall make the squad.

it might not mean hall made the roster, but i think it makes fleming's chances of making the roster slim to none. bo scaife was much more effective playing h-back/fullback last year than fleming was.

i also think this makes three seasons in a row fleming has had a reasonably serious injury.

Dang injuries. It'd be nice to see all these guys healthy for good competition.

Troy has had some injuries, but saying he's had 3 season in a row with a serious injury sounds a bit like a misrepresentation.

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
Fleming is a bust it looks like. Don't worry... we'll keep him.
For some reason this team retains busts... :hmm:

Thanks for having the juevos to say it BP! Fleming dropped several out of the backfield last year and has been poor to medium at best with his blocking. IMO, Fleming was another low cost "home-town" Big Orange bone thrown to the fans to keep them happy while our team went through the salary cap purge.

I don't know what kind of hands Hall has, we haven't really heard. I'm not convinced he'll make the squad. He's got a chance if Fish thinks he brings alot of intangibles like maturity, leadership and attitude to the locker room.

It's interesting about Troy. He still holds some type of National record for high school yardage by a running back.

Too bad about the knee, and I hope it's nothing chronic.

HIGH SCHOOL - A three-time first-team All-State and All-Region player who was twice named Division II Class A Mr. Football ... A two-way player at Battle Ground Academy as a running back and free safety ... Led team to three Division II Class A championships ... Finished as the No. 2 all-time national rushing leader with 9487 yards ... Set Tennessee high school rushing mark for a single season with 3008 yards and 37 touchdowns as a senior ... Teams compiled a three-year record of 34-6 ... Alco competed in basketball and track

super_titan said:
Can ya really call him a bust? Where was he drafted? 7th round?

Well, maybe just a pffffftt.

DeflateBalloon.jpg

Fleming has been a very solid special teams player as well. Whoever is vying for Fleming's job will have to show something there.

In an offense where the FB only gets a limited number of snaps, what you do on special teams really matters.

Ok, how do the numbers come out? I forget how flexible it is, but can we keep 3RBs (Brown, Henry, White), 2FB (Ganther, Hall), and 3 TEs (Kinney, Troupe, Scaife)? That would place Guenther out, which I wouldn't really want to see. But how many spots can we use on those positions? 8? 9? I presume we're pressed since we have so many LBs and WRs.

Yeah, I know, the theory there being that Ganther is both. We have a 4th RB for insurance and 1.5 FBs. I don't know how we can keep 4 TEs this year, anyone think Guenther will still be here?

I think it shakes out as Brown, Henry, White, FB and the four TEs. Despite the talk of abandoning the FB, I don't think that is the plan this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back