Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the Titans best chance at another Vanden Bosch type signing. He may not come in as cheap, but his upside is tremendous if he's healthy and given a chance. The advantage of Plummer over Law would be dollars and longevity. Granted, Law is more established but he's older and would cost a lot more....

Actually Plummer and Woolfolk have some similarities.

Good size for a CB, 6' 200 pounds, Exceptional athlete .......Explosive out of his breaks...Has quick feet, superb balance and loose hips...Does a great job of getting his head around playing the deep ball...Attacks aggressively and shows a powerful spring into his hits...Very capable covering in the zone, firing low out of his backpedal...Strong in run force, keeping well-balanced in his attack while positioning properly before striking... 4.43 in the 40-yard dash...late first round pick....never lived up to the hype.....always hurt.....a huge disappointment

Actually, that is inaccurate.

Woolfolk hasn't even played for a full season in his 3 year career (as a backup or a starter).

Plummer was good-solid for his first 4 years in the league. Maybe he never played up to 1st rd pick status except for one year, but Woolfolk has NEVER played that well nor close to it.

And BTW, Woolfolk is close to 6'2".

The downside is, Plummer isn't youn either and coming off 2 years of injuries is not good. If that translates to vet min with incentives...go for it.

I have a feeling Ty Law will still be around in a month or 2 unless his contract depends drop. He is a good candidate to get hurt at his age. Still, his 10 INT's would be a HUGE addition to this team...but can he cover Harrison or Wayne one on one?

Gut

Gut said:
but can he cover Harrison or Wayne one on one?
Gut

Hey Gut, nobody can cover Harrison one on one, not even Champ Bailey. Nobody can cover Torre Holt one on one. There are other ways, such as containment and bash them. You will never completely shut down certain receivers, i.e. Big Mouth - I mean Terrell Owens, Hines Ward, Marvin Harrison, Torre Holt, Derrick Mason, Steve Smith, Rod Smith, Randy Moss (when healthy). All you can do is try to limit what they do, contain.... Sort of how the Seattle Seahawks did to Steve Smith... Contain within an area and over play in the endzone, then pressure the QBs.

Yes, Samari used to do a number on Harrison...and then...we couldn't stop them.

I agree that probably no one can cover harrison one v one with no safety help or rolled coverage, but that's why I also said, can he cover wayne? If he can cover wayne and you role the coverage towards harrison, you might be able to contain the dmg and make Manning hold the ball=sacks and a confused/frustrated manning = Colts lose.

Gut

Titans aren't allowed to blitz Gayton, so he will have to hold it longer against the Titans than a team that wll blitz him - he says without saying how bad the DC is.

LOL! And that is one of the main reasons for our success against Manning in previous years. What kills me is that Manning rips us apart when we play zone...so you may as well drill him.

Virtually every team that disrupted the Colts passing attack did it in one of two ways (or both). They blitzed him a few times (making sure they drilled him a couple of times...sack or no sack) and then they did zone blitzes (so he didn't know if and from where they were coming - playing mental games with him).

You can't play mental games with him when he knows ur not gonna blitz him.

Pitt and SD hit him many times...so when they DID play zone, he threw the ball early expecting pressure. But when you don't get ANY pressure on him...he'll kill ya! And he has the last couple of years.

Plus, any football fan will tell you that getting pressure on the QB makes the whole secondary better. But having great talent in the secondary with no pass rush is meaningless. They MUST hit Manning...period.

Hopefully the GREAT Schwartzee will figure that out!

Gut

UPDATE :
according to an article in te Tennessean :
Last week, the Titans also entertained former 49ers cornerback Ahmed Plummer on a free-agency visit, but indications are the team isn't currently interested in signing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back