Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Unfortunately, you’d get more value breaking up the set for the individual rookies/key players worth something.
I also have a handful and have thought about it But haven’t made the move yet. If I remove the value cards, the rest is certainly
Worthless afterwards.
from early 80s for like 20 years Topps printed into oblivion and with mostly zero regard to quality control
I have seen where folks try and find what they consider 9 or better quality card sets... literally 1 in 10 cards or less meet their needs
crazy awful quality control by Topps... literally would allow anything into circulation

which is the long way of saying - yes you would be lucky to move the bulk for anything

The internet squashed the value of cards. Made it too easy to find and buy
Covid brought card value back.
2020/2021 very few cards were printed and they’ve kind of continued that.
They also started limited serial number versions of specific cards.
Instead of inserts, they just color the card differently and there are a lot of 1/1 cards out there.
Even the cards that are like 1/2500 is pretty limited.

from early 80s for like 20 years Topps printed into oblivion and with mostly zero regard to quality control
I have seen where folks try and find what they consider 9 or better quality card sets... literally 1 in 10 cards or less meet their needs
crazy awful quality control by Topps... literally would allow anything into circulation

which is the long way of saying - yes you would be lucky to move the bulk for anything
The mass over printing destroyed any value basically from 1980 to 2010.
Now the lack of quality control did help in some aspects, but only when you can find a rare 10 graded version of a solid player.

We also know that because of the over printing, a lot of people didn’t take any care with those cards which has helped in the exclusiveness to a good quality card. Not really gonna find any cards that break $1000, but plenty that break a couple $100.

The mass over printing destroyed any value basically from 1980 to 2010.
Now the lack of quality control did help in some aspects, but only when you can find a rare 10 graded version of a solid player.

We also know that because of the over printing, a lot of people didn’t take any care with those cards which has helped in the exclusiveness to a good quality card. Not really gonna find any cards that break $1000, but plenty that break a couple $100.
100% helps knowledgeable collector

Babe Ruth jersey sold for 24M this week.

Clyde Drexler also selling his dream team gold medal. That's one of kind too.

I was head of my time breaking up sets in the 80's. It just made sense to me. That said, I did get a lot neighborhood kids in trouble with their mother's when I got them to trade from within the set their parents had bought them. A completely graded set, every card, will go for big money though if you can do it.

I was head of my time breaking up sets in the 80's. It just made sense to me. That said, I did get a lot neighborhood kids in trouble with their mother's when I got them to trade from within the set their parents had bought them. A completely graded set, every card, will go for big money though if you can do it.
Completely graded set, absolutely.

Let’s say cheap end, $15/ card x a 400 card set. That’s already $6000+ cost of set.
Some of those sets are 6-700 cards.

Broke a Donruss opening day set for a Ryan card… still kicking myself for that. Something cool about having every card. The set is worth $30 lol- half my value in the Nolan Ryan card.

Latest posts

Back