Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
hey Gunny, wasn't that Reynaldo with the "game saving" face mask tackle?

oh yeah, already brought it up somewhere else. And I saw it on the fastest 3 minutes on the Sunday Night game.

I hate to say so, but I have watched their final three finishes......It sure looks like they are. They should have won all three of their final games, but they lost all three....Its pathetic really.

pking34 said:
I honestly don't think Houston is trying to throw football games to draft #1, but their last 3 games could make a conspiracy theorist believe that's what's going on.
I wonder if this will create a clamor for an NBA-style draft structure with a lottery among the non-playoff teams.

Even if we had a NBA type lottery you would have the #3, #4 or whatever teams blowing games to get into the lottery.

This is truly sad if teams honestly compete to lose, what's next teams competing to get T.O just for national attention!~ I have almost completly bought into the theory that the Texans have written this season off. I love baseball in the spect that so many teams that were completly out of it played to spoil! As a fan of the sport I would like to see every team compete as professionals until those cleats are hanging in the locker room for the season.

MNF did the 60 seconds with Jimmy Kinnel last night. It showed the Texans dumping water on Kris Brown has Kris Brown yelled "We want Reggie" or something to that effect. It was hilarious, and quite possibly true.

Kris Browns kick was awful(first time I saw it was yesterday)

maximus said:
MNF did the 60 seconds with Jimmy Kinnel last night. It showed the Texans dumping water on Kris Brown has Kris Brown yelled "We want Reggie" or something to that effect. It was hilarious, and quite possibly true.

That was Hilarious :ha: :ha: :ha:

Even if the Texans don't want Reggie. (which they would be crazy not to) I can guarantee that they will let teams know that they will draft him, just for bargaining posture.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a trade for the #1.

It's not sad when teams play to lose. It's smart.

Winning garbage games that mean zilch is a dumb move. You want your draft slot worth as much as possible. You want the best place possible...when you suck atleast.

You don't start 2-9 and try to win your last 5 games. It's stupid. Plain and simple.

I know, you guys believe all that mumbo jumbo sportsmanship, play to have fun, play your hardest every snap of every game, but the goal remains the same.

Whether you're 2-13 going into your last game...whether you're 16-0 heading to the playoffs....your goal is to WIN THE SUPERBOWL.

Difference is....when you aren't gonna make playoffs - making the superbowl is the goal for NEXT season. So do you want a crappy draft slot and a "project" type player that'll be ready in 3 years....or do you want someone that can contribute during your fresh start?

Winning these games is pointless.

E - you're putting a lot of stock in the draft aren't you?

"It's not sad when teams play to lose. It's smart." - are you a fan or do you just like to type a lot? This franchise has never won a superbowl and it could be years before we do. I start the season wanting to get to the play offs and ultimately the super bowl like everyone else. I don't start rooting for us to suck after we've been mathematically eliminated - thats just odd. A high draft slot doesn't really mean anything past the first pick - may be second. Do you see this team being turned around by 2 rookies?.....You probably do - nevermind.

Yeah, and how's that #1 draft pick working out for San Fran? Hmmm, seems like Chicago (who's starting a 4th round pick that Floyd almost selected, btw) is 9-4 and heading at least to the wild card...Not to mention Detroit's last three high picks.

Puck said:
i'm telling you, Domanick Davis is a top 5 RB behind anything resembling a line. He's way ahead of the other RB's from his draft class (Larry Johnson, Willis McGahee, Chris Brown) he's one of the better receiving RB's in the game.

He is not ahead of Larry Johnson, no way. Larry Johnson is top 5 in rushing in the league, despite not starting the first 6 or 7 games. Johnson has put 140 yard games up easily, and leads the league in rushing average, with over 5 yards a rush. He is great...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back