Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
To think last year when Lamont Thompson picked off those passes from Favre. Everybody was saying "Cut Schulters" "LaMont is more athletic and younger". A year later what has he done absolutely nothing besides have his dreads flop around. Schulters had a pick yesterday and all through out the year.

Then we have a guy with his first name being "TANK" that was Drafted in 2002 came in made Manning fumble and all. Damn near made Jerry Rice get a concussion in the AFC Championship. So uh since then what has he done?

This is a Tank the M1A2 Abrams Iraqi T-72 crews know all about this monster
jjs0ox.jpg

This is what a Tank is supposed to do locate, lock on and destroy it's target
jjs1n5.jpg

These guys are straight up 180 degree garbage, they instill no fear in WR's. The middle of the field is supposed to be the grill for WR's because safeties should be looking to Barbeque some WR's ribs. Instead our safeties take bad angles not as bad as Roy Williams but up there.

Oh don't let Critical talk about the open field tackling issues that plagues our defense. The safeties are supposed to be the last line defense our last line of defense well we don't have one. How many times did we see Tank or Lamont just throw a shoulder at a guy right?

Funny thing is the guy would pretty much be in the endzone, then they get roasted to and through over and over. It's really sad these guys would be benched on any other team then again they are the best we have to offer. They need to go and we need to get some DB coaching in here.

I'll taket hat 5'9 guy the Dolts have yea Bob Sanders he is on some "I'll light yo a$$ up ish"

Fuller should start next year. LT is depth at best. Tank picked it up a little the last few games but may have been to late. I'd like to see a vet back there with Fuller - someone who could also provide a little leadership would be beneficial too. Sad but someone like Schulters would be ideal IMO.

Woody81 said:
Fuller should start next year. LT is depth at best. Tank picked it up a little the last few games but may have been to late. I'd like to see a vet back there with Fuller - someone who could also provide a little leadership would be beneficial too. Sad but someone like Schulters would be ideal IMO.
Who's this Vincent Fuller guy and what has he done to warrant this attention from posters all over this board.

I know he's from VaTech

He was drafted in the 4th in last years draft I think. Really intelligent footbal wise. Can lead a secondary unit with his smarts. Better in coverage then in run support as I remember from watching him. Would play the FS, rather then the SS.

Fuller is very smart(understands the D very well) and athletic and to top it off, hes from va tech. with more playing time, the kid could be a very solid player for us @ safety, plus he can play corner(played both @ VA Tech with Jimmy Williams).

I have the same feeling. I want at least one of our safeties to be a head-hunter. I was just discussing this same thing in another thread. We need a guy like Greg Blue! Somebody who will instill fear in our opponents. Critical, I am starting to feel the same way you stated you felt a week or so ago. I am sick of drafting guys that are great athletes. I want to see some "Football Players" drafted. Check him out tonight in the Sugar Bowl and give your thoughts.

Woody81 said:

Big Man Adam Archuleta is a FA and he would be a great pick up.

Remember back during the Rams game where he picked McNair off for a TD.

That's what I'm talkin about.

Archuleta has been more hype than production IMO. That may be more attributed to his skin tone than his production on the field. At best, he'd be only a band aid only a bullet hole of a problem at safety for the Titans. They need an answer at safety, not another stop gap.

Titan fans were spoiled when the team went to Tennessee and had Bishop and Robertson. Not forgeting to mention Donal Mitchell at nickle. Now it's more Larry, Moe, and Curly back there... Guys seems more worried about their hairdues than playing decent defense.

Tank and LT are LBs masquerading as safeties. This team's defensive personnel has not evolved with the offensive rule changes.

Bulluck said:
I see him as a good kind of question mark, if that makes sense. Unlike Calico or Tank
Hopefully, his injuries won't be nearly as tough to overcome as an ACL but I don't know if you can count on him being anywhere close to ready to take over free safety if they wanted to look at him there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back