Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
CriticalTheory said:
Who's this Vincent Fuller guy and what has he done to warrant this attention from posters all over this board.

I know he's from VaTech

Fuller entered the season as the starting NB and the coaches were very impressed how he was able to learn a number of the secondary assignments as only a rookie. IMO the jury is still out on if he can be the answer considering he missed the whole year but at least he has the athleticism and smarts to have alot of potential.

As I watch NFL games and see the better Ss in the NFL I'm convinced that we don't need 220 pound guys that nothing more than athletic LBs. Mike Brown of the Bears is one of the best SSs in the league and he is only 5'10, 205. Ed Reed is all world and he is only 5'11, 200 pounds. Troy Polamalu is a 5'10, 212 pounder that plays great SS. IMO we need to look for guys who are quick in space and have exceptional instincts more than guys who have real good size to straight line speed ratios. In other words we need guys that are good football players.

Soxcat said:
Fuller entered the season as the starting NB and the coaches were very impressed how he was able to learn a number of the secondary assignments as only a rookie. IMO the jury is still out on if he can be the answer considering he missed the whole year but at least he has the athleticism and smarts to have alot of potential.

As I watch NFL games and see the better Ss in the NFL I'm convinced that we don't need 220 pound guys that nothing more than athletic LBs. Mike Brown of the Bears is one of the best SSs in the league and he is only 5'10, 205. Ed Reed is all world and he is only 5'11, 200 pounds. Troy Polamalu is a 5'10, 212 pounder that plays great SS. IMO we need to look for guys who are quick in space and have exceptional instincts more than guys who have real good size to straight line speed ratios. In other words we need guys that are good football players.
Damn right especially on the last line the best Safeties in the league are around 5'9-11 200-212lbs. The bigger Safeties such as Roy Williams and Sean Taylor are good but you don't see them making plays like the smaller safeties. They too often compared LB's which is not a bad thing if they were picking off passes like a corner.

I went to NFL.com and I noticed that the smaller Safeties picked off more passes than the bigger LB type safeties.

Hell they were even up there in Tackles with the Bigger Safeties.

C'mon, do you guys just complain and really don't know anything about football?

Our safeties couldn't stay in their slots and concentrate on making picks because they were busy trying to help out rookie corners. It's hard to do what you do best when you're also doing work as a part time corner. Do you think Pacman and Reynaldo can make instant reads on offense? NO. it was up to Lamont and Tank to give them cues.

If you're trying to cheat a little and line up close to a rookie corner, you are out of your lane and it's easy to get beat if the guy makes it to the backfield. When Lamont didn't have to do his job and also look out for the corners, he was able to make big picks and big plays.

elfinmagic53 said:
C'mon, do you guys just complain and really don't know anything about football?

Our safeties couldn't stay in their slots and concentrate on making picks because they were busy trying to help out rookie corners. It's hard to do what you do best when you're also doing work as a part time corner.
Really, so what was the excuse for last year when they had Rolle and Dyson at the corners and they still both did nothing?

Gunny said:
And being a Lamont lover doesnt qualify you either.

Bah! I KNOW football and I know that it is hard to properly judge safeties when you have 2 guys playing corner for the first time in the NFL. Are you sitting with the Coaches watching game and practice film to properly grade each player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back