Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Also:

After last night the Texans have to be tempted to take Young at #1. I'm sure the people down there are going nuts for it.

That would leave Bush and Leinart on the board. The Saints already have McCallister, and need a QB desperately. They would probably take Leinart, leaving Bush for us. That would kill Starkiller. He hates bush.

Whatever happens, we're sittin' pretty at #3.

Thoughts?

Young or Leinart, whichever one New Orleans doesn't take. I never really believed Young was coming out until I heard his comments last night about sitting down and talking it over with his family and coach Brown before making a decision. As much as he would love to have him back, no way Mack Brown tells the kid he's better off coming back to school. Brown has way too much class and cares too much about him to be that selfish. Young will never be in better position to come out and make the money to take care of his family than he is now.

Young....Leinart....seems like a no-lose situation. I voted for Young but I'm much more impressed with Leinart after last night than I was before.

Kinda looks less likely that Bush will go first now that Young's entry into the draft seems imminent.

I'd take either, or the blockbuster trade that's sure to be offered.

Wow, top 3 - you can't go wrong it seems.

Riverman....I think the big question mark in who New Orleans takes is the coaching situation. They're basically without coaches right now since the new coach will surely want to hire his own O coordinator. The choice might wind up being made based on what kind of offense the new staff wants to run. Either way, we're in great shape with the third pick even if Young didn't come out.

Riverman said:
I still think NO goes Leinart. Lots of talk about movin' the team to LA.

Just so he can stay in LA? Seems like not the best reason to draft a QB. Popular choice in LA, clearly, but a lot has to happen first before the Saints move there.

GLinks said:
Just so he can stay in LA? Seems like not the best reason to draft a QB. Popular choice in LA, clearly, but a lot has to happen first before the Saints move there.

Sirius NFL (Riggins/Shine and Red Zone) have made several references that it is not IF but WHEN. '07 is what they keep saying.

New Orleans has the most possibility to move to LA. Drafting Leinart makes senses, cause it gives the LA people something to be excited about. And Leinart is a stable QB who can come in and win now, which is what New Orleans needs. They already have two scrambling QB's, so now they want so one who they can trust and knows what to do. Plus he brings in the media, and national attention which is what they need.

think about this.............98 Manning last game.........he throws for 131 yds in a blowout loss to Nebraska.............Leaf throws for 331 in a win against Michigan............who turned out better? One game means nothing. Bush will be great...............VY game is made for college. Leinart is the better pro prospect..............and so is Cutlers game........nothing about last night changes anything in the top ten except on internet MB.

As fans we want the "sexy" pick in a QB or the Heisman winning running back. If Young stays in, the Titans will not get Bush or Leinart. Only way they'd get Leinart would be to trade Volek to the Saints to swap places and take Leinart at #2.

Reality though is they just may take the Brick sh*t House at #3. I'd prefer Hawk at #3 personally for his presence and attitude but Reese wouldn't go linebacker at #3 (at least what he's said publicly on record in the past). You figure with the gaping hole on the Titan run defense or take into the account of the poor offensive line play, either way, the Titans almost can't screw this pick up.

I don't think V. Young could do any better money wise if he stayed in school another year. He MIGHT get the Heisman, but I can't see any other reason why he would not go Pro. Then there's the possiblity of taking a bad shot and screwing up a knee or a shoulder or whatever. He needs to go Pro in two tune blue!
________
Lexus es

danny said:
As fans we want the "sexy" pick in a QB or the Heisman winning running back. If Young stays in, the Titans will not get Bush or Leinart. Only way they'd get Leinart would be to trade Volek to the Saints to swap places and take Leinart at #2.

while I'm not sold on it being the "ONLY" way, i will entertain the idea of trading Volek to the Saints for their 1st (swap places) and 3rd round pick

after last night I'm not sure Matt did anything to help his stock
and I'm not so sure Young moved up any higher than he already was

either one as long as the next 3-4 rounds are defense....wouldn't mind another tackle either. I want new lb's and saftey's more than the next qb - we have 2 pretty good ones we can get a few years out of.

Are there any quality qb prospects after the big 3???

Just depends on who you consider in the Big 3, personally my big three would be Lienart, Young, and Cutler... after that you have possibly Omar Jacobs (BGU), Reggie Mcneal (Tex A&M), Drew Olson (UCLA), Cody Hodges (Texas Tech), Darryl Hackney (UAB), and DJ Shockley (Georgia). Those names are closely linked talent wise, and after that the talent pool kind of drops off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back