Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your a CB and know the play book and you have safety help on your side, there should be no reason to play 10-15 yards off the WR.

Watching our OC / DC and special team co-ordinators give interviews is intensely frustrating. 'We gotta have a plan' 'dial up some things' 'execute' 'do a better job'
..totally pointless, meaningless answers.

No wonder nothing changes.

It's the same crap we have always heard lol. Fisher used to get reamed for it too

Coach speak

LOL you’re right about that! No excuse for that on 3rd and short especially.

Ifs definitely on the coaches for not having corrected that sooner though. If that’s what they are choosing to do it should have been corrected long before now.
Amen, this has carried on from last year. Players will create these tendencies if freely allowed to. Coaches should be on top of this mixing it up.

I believe the coach on the coverage cushion. Because there seems to be no rhyme or reason to what they do pre-snap. They'll start tight and just keep walking back. I think if our coaching wanted them 15 off, they'd start 15 off or show tight coverage, then methodically back off.

My only real complaint with coaching on the Jets is that Fulton is top 2 by pretty much every metric in outside coverage and 1 on 1 coverage. And we moved him to slot when Jackson got hurt. And he wasn't very good there. And his replacement Borders wasn't very good on the outside. And Jenkins has been historically bad. Don't turn 2 weaknesses into 3 weaknesses.

I believe the coach on the coverage cushion. Because there seems to be no rhyme or reason to what they do pre-snap. They'll start tight and just keep walking back. I think if our coaching wanted them 15 off, they'd start 15 off or show tight coverage, then methodically back off.

My only real complaint with coaching on the Jets is that Fulton is top 2 by pretty much every metric in outside coverage and 1 on 1 coverage. And we moved him to slot when Jackson got hurt. And he wasn't very good there. And his replacement Borders wasn't very good on the outside. And Jenkins has been historically bad. Don't turn 2 weaknesses into 3 weaknesses.
Im starting to hate the Jenkins signing. So far he has been mostly a liability.

Im starting to hate the Jenkins signing. So far he has been mostly a liability.
I'm not totally hating it he has made some plays and statistically he's having a down year but I honestly believe any corner would struggle to be elite/top 10 with this scheme

ITS THE PLAYERS! ITS THE PLAYERS! ITS THE PLAYERS!

goes out and gets a bunch of new players

f off with that BS. It is the terrible coach and scheme.

goes out and gets a bunch of new players

f off with that BS. It is the terrible coach and scheme.
With you on this, the fact we are seeing the same secondary problems as last year speaks leaps and bounds and there is 1 common factor.

If I was in a room with a bunch of young children that knew nothing about football I'd hear the same stuff I keep hearing on this board. Mostly clueless and emotional. We just lost a game because of a handful of big plays and the main argument is about the CBs not playing tight enough. Yea, that will stop those big plays.

Get over it. We didn't play a good game and the Jets did enough to win. You could change just one play and we win. That is how it is in the NFL.

Oh, by the way, we have a very good HC and I'm not sure our coordinators aren't pretty good as well. IMO the Jets will win a few games this year and with the injuries (we also lost our NB in that game which is why Borders was covering Davis on the long TD) and them playing like it was their SB (desperate 0-4 team) we couldn't afford to give them anything. We managed to have a few badly timed penalties, a bad snap in the red zone and let them have too many big plays. Personally I'd prefer anyone who is deeply upset at a NFL team losing a game to choose another sport to follow.

To an extent, maybe... but these players are grown ass men and have been playing for a long time. They should also know how to prep themselves.

From a physical standpoint, I'd say it takes about 2 full games to be back in game condition. I expect them to be exhausted with little pre-season work. But they should be in good enough shape to avoid injuries caused by sudden game activity when the season starts.

The Patriots whole Oline is out this week. We might have more injuries than other teams but idk for sure.

I feel Vrabel puts players on there that most teams would not.

From a physical standpoint, I'd say it takes about 2 full games to be back in game condition. I expect them to be exhausted with little pre-season work. But they should be in good enough shape to avoid injuries caused by sudden game activity when the season starts.

Are you speaking from your former NFL playing experience? :biglaugh:

iu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back