Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Autograph Schedule
Afternoon Practice: Collin Allred, Jason Newberry, Andre Woolfolk, Chris Brown

The refs will be present today. The session has been moved to 7:30.

"Cornerback Reynaldo Hill stood out. He broke up a deep ball thrown to Givens, and later picked off Young on what would have been an interception return for a touchdown"

:brow:

He has. But I think that is typical. Expectations of a top rookie are usually too high. Troy Aikman, Peyton Manning and Carson Palmer were all top talents (along with being considered better pure passers than Young) who all had a ton of picks early in their careers.

I'm certain he'll begin to show improvement as time wears on.

Gunny said:
"Cornerback Reynaldo Hill stood out. He broke up a deep ball thrown to Givens, and later picked off Young on what would have been an interception return for a touchdown"

:brow:

Hate to break it to you, Gunny, but Hill also gave up a long TD from Volek to Wade. ;)

(It was one of those plays where Hill was pretty much stride for stride with Wade, but Volek had thrown kind of a fluttery pass, and Wade did a much better job of stopping his momentum and adjusting to the ball. Hill ran by it.)

Actually, both the young corners looked pretty solid in coverage. I personally thought the best pass defensed I saw last night (finally got to a practice!) was a pretty well-thrown long ball from VY to Orr, which Jones managed to stretch out and tip away at the last second, in the endzone.

nendzone said:
Hate to break it to you, Gunny, but Hill also gave up a long TD from Volek to Wade. ;)

(It was one of those plays where Hill was pretty much stride for stride with Wade, but Volek had thrown kind of a fluttery pass, and Wade did a much better job of stopping his momentum and adjusting to the ball. Hill ran by it.)

Actually, both the young corners looked pretty solid in coverage. I personally thought the best pass defensed I saw last night (finally got to a practice!) was a pretty well-thrown long ball from VY to Orr, which Jones managed to stretch out and tip away at the last second, in the endzone.

Hill is just such a nice bloke he let that happen to give Wade a better shot at making the roster and the #3 WR spot. :brow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back