Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a draft, maybe a once in a lifetime draft, where any of the top three could legitimately could be the number one overall. We really can't go wrong in my opinion unless we trade out of the spot. Unless someone was willing to give up a trade like Dallas once got for Hershel walker or the NO deal for ricky williams. But you asked for my choice so here goes....Vince Young. If we select either QB he will sit for at least one year maybe two(until McNair is either injured or retires), also impact running backs are much easier to find,(although we haven't seem to find one:suspect: ) than franchise QB's.

Young. Leinart. Culter. I haven't seen enough of Jay to move him up yet myself, so I look forward to the next couple of months. But right now it's Young. I'd take him because as many have stated, including myself, any other year the top 3 could be #1 overall. Last year, we'd have all fallen over ourselves if we could have drafted Leinart. Even the Brick in another year, possibly last included, could have gone #1 overall. So that's four guys.

In the end, I give it to Young. Leinart is familiar with Chow's system, but the system will change and be different somewhat. I think Chow would love to teach Young his system, plus McNair, it's a no-brainer.

I like the Young-McNair dynamic. Leinart-Chow is good too but Young-McNair is alot sexier...either way there the team looks as if it cannot go wrong.

I just want to see ten plus wins again.
Ultimately, that's all I really give a rip about.

Vince is the way to go, everyone says that his arm mechanics are messed up, but its never stopped him from getting the ball where it needs to be, and in the rose bowl young completed more passes than leinhart and they had the same out of attempts, and on top of that leinhart had a lot better o-line and had a lot better wide outs

Cutler

I go with Cutler.

Leinart- Most NFL Ready, accurate, intelligent
Young-Most Risk/Potential, athletic, charismatic
Cutler- Best combination of the two in all aspects

:winker:

Leinart allows us to duplicate New England's offensive philosophy best.. a smart poised qb with a solid (not great) team around him...

I say Young or Leinhart will be available to us and you can't go wrong either way. Cutler is a good QB, but is over hyped right now imo and certainly not a good value at #3.

I'll go with Young for now. He really did look great in the rose bowl, but I'd also be glad with Lienart. I think 3 is too high for cutler, but would love him if we trade down, same with D'Brick, but I think there's no way we get him, he'll be gone by 4 or 5.

This thread definitely wins the award for most posters with less than 10 posts. That's good, we've got lots of new interested fans, or at least fans with an opinion on the future! After the last two years, we can use new fans!

Just FYI:

I'm not as much a new fan as a fan that can now pay attention to this stuff. My wife and I have been in Cali for the past three yrs for graduate school Now we're home and in in the work force only. (meaning no longer going to school full time and working full time as well.)

I finally get to follow the offseason stuff and not just the scoreboard from the internet (we didnt get too many Titans games in cali :-/

Anyway... I like this board. So far there have been a lot of intelligent and well versed posters. Too many boards are full of kinds spouting out arguements that ignorant as well as boring. :)

In my mind, if you're going to have a heated discussion- at least have a good arguement.... :winker:

Maybe that was too much info.....*shrugs*

Prag...

Your handle gives you away. Only someone just out of grad school would have such an intelligent handle. My daughter is getting ready to head to college so getting ready to have her come home smarter to me. Glad to have you on board!!!

VolnTitan said:
Prag...

Your handle gives you away. Only someone just out of grad school would have such an intelligent handle. My daughter is getting ready to head to college so getting ready to have her come home smarter to me. Glad to have you on board!!!

:))

thanks VolnTitan

And I doubt she comes home with anything that you didnt lay the foundations for. Kids are normally not more intelligent than their parents; they just are able to take advantage of the opportunties and tools they are given. :winker:

PragIdealist said:
:))
Kids are normally not more intelligent than their parents;
Aint that the truth. My mom and dad had HS gpas of higher than 3.75 with tons of AP and Honors classes. I had a HS gpa of 3.2. I am the "dumb rock" in my family

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back