Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's allowable in Canada, but a sad outlook given some of the best were made up there..
Not too many good movies have been made up here. Strange Brew and Ararat are the only two I can think of off the top of my head.

We are better with television

Not too many good movies have been made up here. Strange Brew and Ararat are the only two I can think of off the top of my head.

We are better with television

Cronenberg made a slew of them. Bob Clark made several.
My Bloody Valentine.. Tucker and Dale. The Prom Night series.. Even Wolf Cop is not terrible.. and that's just horror.
The FUBAR movies are some of the silliest funny shit I've seen..
I guess Black Summer is TV? Either way, filmed in Calgary and is so much better than The Walking Dead IMO. I hope they continue it..

28 Weeks should have used the original as the blueprint.
Establish characters that you can give a fart about, give them a clear objective and don't go down the path of "I've seen all this before"..
You could just listen to the score of the original and it would be enough to tell the story. The sequel sliced and diced it poorly.

Cronenberg made a slew of them. Bob Clark made several.
My Bloody Valentine.. Tucker and Dale. The Prom Night series.. Even Wolf Cop is not terrible.. and that's just horror.
The FUBAR movies are some of the silliest funny **** I've seen..
I guess Black Summer is TV? Either way, filmed in Calgary and is so much better than The Walking Dead IMO. I hope they continue it..

I forgot about Fubar, I love that movie

Can’t leave out Cooties for horror comedies.

As for actual horror movies, I was a fan of The People Under the Stairs and Candyman. Not sure how those have held up over time. Haven’t seen them in years

Can’t leave out Cooties for horror comedies.

As for actual horror movies, I was a fan of The People Under the Stairs and Candyman. Not sure how those have held up over time. Haven’t seen them in years
I loved Candyman - granted I was a teenager at the time.

I was all in... up to the climax. Just didn't give me the same feelings I had to that point.

Candyman scared the shit out of me when I was a kid. Watched it again a few years back. It was solid but didn't really live up to the memory for me. Kinda turns into a mess at the end.

Candyman scared the **** out of me when I was a kid. Watched it again a few years back. It was solid but didn't really live up to the memory for me. Kinda turns into a mess at the end.
yeah the endings usually are. The problem with coming up with a scary, supernatural, evil, nasty, powerful "monster" is you have to find some way to overcome all that and kill it in a way that isnt just stupid. Most horror movies fail horribly at it.

It'll be interesting to see how this remake is received. Generally the internet loathes all remakes and would cry about "Hollywood doesn't do anything original! Wah!" But on the other hand, the internet is also all over Jordan Peele's dick. I suspect Candyman gets a pass from the usual ignorant outrage.

It'll be interesting to see how this remake is received. Generally the internet loathes all remakes and would cry about "Hollywood doesn't do anything original! Wah!" But on the other hand, the internet is also all over Jordan Peele's dick. I suspect Candyman gets a pass from the usual ignorant outrage.

It’s apparently a sequel. Some of the cast returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back