Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
I love me some BIG Jeff, but he lacks the ability to really pressure the QB. He doesn't have that quick twitch move to suddenly beat the OL like Casey could....so we are lacking any sort of interior pass rush. In college Simmons had 7 career sacks...Casey 22.

I'm hoping when Beasley gets healthy it will allow us to kick Clowney inside more on passing downs to help with that inside rush...QBs hate pressure in their face.

Interior pressure been a BIG problem for years, even with Casey. No interior pressure=average or bad pass rush. Need to push the QB back or outside of the pocket.

I love me some BIG Jeff, but he lacks the ability to really pressure the QB. He doesn't have that quick twitch move to suddenly beat the OL like Casey could....so we are lacking any sort of interior pass rush. In college Simmons had 7 career sacks...Casey 22.

I'm hoping when Beasley gets healthy it will allow us to kick Clowney inside more on passing downs to help with that inside rush...QBs hate pressure in their face.

beasley is healthy he’s just being a Diva. I think we wasted 10 million on him.

beasley is healthy he’s just being a Diva. I think we wasted 10 million on him.
Beasley wouldn’t still be a Titan if that were true. Either they are lying about the knee to cover his poor conditioning, or he really does have a knee issue. No way they keep him around to be a prissy man.

Casey was not a great pass rusher either.

Casey average 5.5 sacks per season in Tennessee.

Simmons has 2 in 11 games coming, starting his career off a torn acl.

Interior pressure especially sacks is one of the hardest things to achieve in the NFL. That's why haynesworth was such a gamechanger, and why Aaron Donald is probably the most valuable defensive player in the nfl.

Casey average 5.5 sacks per season in Tennessee.

Simmons has 2 in 11 games coming, starting his career off a torn acl.

Interior pressure especially sacks is one of the hardest things to achieve in the NFL. That's why haynesworth was such a gamechanger, and why Aaron Donald is probably the most valuable defensive player in the nfl.
This.

Simmons was everywhere against Denver, play after play. He had a goalline stop, and the hand for the Landry interception, but otherwise I thought he was VERY quiet against Jacksonville.

He's still developing, but he will be a very very good player.

Don't really need Simmons to single handedly get sacks. We need him to get enough push to prevent the qb from stepping up in the pocket, thus helping Landry and Clowney get the sacks.

Don't really need Simmons to single handedly get sacks. We need him to get enough push to prevent the qb from stepping up in the pocket, thus helping Landry and Clowney get the sacks.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing - and stuffing the run - which is what Casey was known for.

I wasn’t under the impression that Simmons was brought in to be this huge sack guy - I understand the need of more pressure up the middle though; opposing QBs don’t ever seem that rattled when playing the Titans - and in today’s league that HAS to change.

What Simmons and most interior tackles do really won’t show up on the stat sheet. But he’s made some big plays already. We need someone like Beasley back to capitalize on what Simmons and Clowney are doing for us.

I'm not looking for big sack numbers from Simmons but he needs to get push while engaged with two blockers.

When opposing QBs get the ball out fast, our edge rushers are nullified. An inside push is about the only way to disrupt a QB along with getting those long arms up as he did on Sunday.

Dude just won us a game and we have a thread talking about whats he doesn't do?

There haven't been many moments Ive questioned this kid. Put some respekt on his name. This was a great pick by JR

I'm not looking for big sack numbers from Simmons but he needs to get push while engaged with two blockers.

When opposing QBs get the ball out fast, our edge rushers are nullified. An inside push is about the only way to disrupt a QB along with getting those long arms up as he did on Sunday.

That's the thing. Simmons always has two guys blocking him and nobody else is winning one on one battles. Even Clowney ends up dancing with his partner out there instead of disengaging. Evans is doing his job despite constantly being double teamed. We need more from the other guys.

As for sacks I bet Simmons gets 5 a year if some of the other guys can win more often.

That's the thing. Simmons always has two guys blocking him and nobody else is winning one on one battles. Even Clowney ends up dancing with his partner out there instead of disengaging. Evans is doing his job despite constantly being double teamed. We need more from the other guys.

As for sacks I bet Simmons gets 5 a year if some of the other guys can win more often.
I agree. But there are times Clowney is going to line up over center or one of the LBs are blitzing and a blocker will come off Simmons. When he gets those 1-on-1 opportunities, I'd hope he'd generate more pressure.

It's early. Jeff has only played in 11 games. He's much further along right now than I thought he would be when he was drafted.

Another way to stop QB’s from getting the ball out fast is not playing 10 yards off the ball with our DB’s. I know we’ve got slower guys and some backups playing but we are killing the strength of this defense just letting teams have the underneath stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back