Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put Locker's heart in VY's body.
He didn't have the desire to even try with another team. I know he was constantly injured but VY at least wanted to keep playing regardless of the massive amount of adversity that he faced with our franchise.

I think VY was a bigger disappointment in the end as he teased us with what he was able to do. Locker couldn't stay on the field and only had a couple games where he actually did anything worthwhile.

Vince Young and I say this because it's from a talent perspective. In his short tenure, Vince Young won some games and put the Titans on the map (then took us right back off). Rookie of the Year, Pro Bowl and Madden cover all after 1 season. Even though they were just regular season wins, I'll always remember the Arizona and New York Giants comeback victories.

His downfall was everything but talent, mainly his maturity levels. I'm not going to start the whole Jeff Fisher debate either but it was clear if VY had his head on straight we would have gone on to do great things.

For Locker, in hindsight. He was just a guy we had to take. There was still a bad taste in the organization's mouth from VY so what do you do? Draft the opposite as far as intangibles go. New staff, somewhat new front office and now a new QB. That had to be the play even though Locker should have never been taken that high. Locker had some good traits and when healthy showed flashes but he was simply never healthy and his potential wasn't all that high because imo he didn't progress as much as a top 10 pick should after a few years.

VY could've put us at the top, Locker could've been that guy that can get you near the door.

He didn't have the desire to even try with another team. I know he was constantly injured but VY at least wanted to keep playing regardless of the massive amount of adversity that he faced with our franchise.

I think VY was a bigger disappointment in the end as he teased us with what he was able to do. Locker couldn't stay on the field and only had a couple games where he actually did anything worthwhile.

He didn't tease us. He fought to stay on the field.

Remember the last game.

He didn't tease us. He fought to stay on the field.

Remember the last game.

I still remember hearing reports that Vince begged to go back into the game and he could lead the team to get the W and Fisher apparently told him "Sit down, this is Rusty's team now."

What Fisher did to VY will go down in my book as one of the most disappointing things I've ever seen a coach do to a player. The punishment did not fit the crime.

Bigger Dis?.... Locker.

When you draft a guy in the Top 10 - you expect him to remain healthy... at least 65% of his first 2-3 years.... And Jake was lucky if he was 65% in a 3 game course.....

Vince had his speed bumps - but Jake was supposed to be this all round QB that was to deliver us from our stalemates at QB since McNair... But if he broke a nail, and out 5 games....

What... How is this even a debate. VY was hands down the biggest disappointment.

I wanted to like Locker, wanted to believe in Locker, but I knew he just wasn't going to be the one. Me and @Dman where 2 of the biggest Locker doubters last offseason lol

VY let me down, I bought into the hype. Had the jersey, bought the SI cover he was on, I was VY everything. I never thought VY was going to be a great passing QB, but I use to believe he had what it took to make us contenders. Remember the game against the Giants when he lead a come back win. Down by 20 something in the 4th I believe.

Dude let me down big time. I never gave Locker the chance to let me down unlike @520 and @JCBRAVE

VY by far....I remember thinking back at that draft how we, the Titans just got the 2 best players from the National Championship. Remember VY won the game against USC and in the second round we drafted LenWhale White. He had over 120 yards and 3 TD's and wasn't a total fat slob at that point.

VY by far....I remember thinking back at that draft how we, the Titans just got the 2 best players from the National Championship. Remember VY won the game against USC and in the second round we drafted LenWhale White. He had over 120 yards and 3 TD's and wasn't a total fat slob at that point.

I was in boot camp when I found out we drafted those two about a week or two after the draft. I remember thinking that a new version of McNair and George were right around the corner.

Vince was easily the biggest letdown. His highs were high and his lows were devastating to how I viewed the team. Never felt the same about professional sports after that fiasco.

I was in boot camp when I found out we drafted those two about a week or two after the draft. I remember thinking that a new version of McNair and George were right around the corner.

Vince was easily the biggest letdown. His highs were high and his lows were devastating to how I viewed the team. Never felt the same about professional sports after that fiasco.
None of my friends believe me but I actually saw lenwhale eating a cheeseburger while driving in south Nashville. He was shoving half of it into his mouth with one hand, his large drink in the other, and driving with his knees. TRUTH.

None of my friends believe me but I actually saw lenwhale eating a cheeseburger while driving in south Nashville. He was shoving half of it into his mouth with one hand, his large drink in the other, and driving with his knees. TRUTH.

I'd believe it

The guy looked absolutely pathetic at times. Who knows what the guy could have done if he had been remotely responsible.

Locker never really got my hopes up. VY got me pumped when he was drafted to his second year.

He was the bigger disappointment due to how much harder I had to fall back to earth.

Locker was just another in a long line of Titan disappointments. VY was more of a pinnacle of disappointment.

I was in PRISON when I found out we drafted those two about a week or two after the draft. I remember thinking that a new version of McNair and George were right around the corner.

Fixed it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back