Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raydawg said:
Define 'make a run.' We are just filling our holes. These are nice signings but we are not making a run at the trophy. We could be setting up making a run at a playoff spot if.....

We solve our safety and CB issues.
The new OLine comes together and jells.
Brown and Henry can get it done.
Givens and Bennett are a good 1, 2 punch
AND Steve stays healthy.

So you are saying that the FO needs to do is solve our cornerback problems... those guys played extremely well for a couple of rookies. they will improve immensly from their first to second seasons. i dont think they need to do anything with them. maybe pick up a solid nickle but woolfolk is allright there.

sounds like we are making a run actually. mawae is older tha dirt and the only way we would sign him is if we wanted to win now.

well we need improved play from our safetys corners other than that the offence looks really good, perhaps a fb would be a nice additon and our kicker better start hitting xps. I mean look at our offence now

Mcnair
Brown/Henry
Flemming
Troupe
Kinney
Mawae
Olson
Piller
Roos
Bell

Then on d
Vandenbosh
Starks
Haynesworth
Laboy
Thornton
Sirmon
Bulluck
Thompson
Fuller
Hill
Jones

Bironas
Hentrich

If bironas improves more, we sign hope and greisen we could be looking at a wildcard team

FO is trying to win games next year. Fish's contract is coming up (not sure about Reese's) and less than .500 for 3 years in a row won't get any major pay raise. I'm sure some of this is a factor.

We had quite a bit of experience on offense before signing Mawae. That experience didn't equal production last season. I think these offensive signings address need more than experience. The Titans needed a WR who could get separation and someone who could get a push in the middle in the running game.

Defensively, speed was a key concern. If the Titans can find a solid safety and a vet CB, they can push for a playoff spot in '06 if the young guys show the improvements they should.

Everyone is saying Mawae is older than dirt but maybe he is of the same mold as Mr. Bruce Matthews. If so he has about 8 more seasons left. Crap if Bruce would come back i'd sign him today.

It sounds like everybody on TV is thinking the Jets will make a big push to aquire the 2nd pick and take Leinart ahead of us, what could we do to alter their plans? We don't have a 2nd do we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back