Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eagles aren't going to the SB because Kern going to kick 2 yards punts in the playoffs or run back for a safety to sabotage AJ not going to the SB.

Seriously, the Eagles aren't going to the SB. Hurts just not that type of QB that will step up to the plate come playoff time.
I honestly think lack of competition really favors Philly.
Maybe SF can do it. Kind of question the QB situation, it their D is stout.
Dallas? Maybe, they kind of have that choke element too.
Minnesota? No one seems to be a true believer there although I think they have a legit shot. Their inconsistencies may cost them.
Seattle? Maybe but not favored.
NFC south champ? Not seeing it.

I suppose the other WC could be Detroit, NYG, or Was. I can’t think any would be favored despite the fantastic shoot out with Detroit in week 1-2.

Why so much hate for Brown? Let me ask you a personal question. Are you good at your job? Let’s assume you are and you asked your boss for a raise and got turned down. But another more successful company saw more value in you and offered to hire you with a higher salary… you’d turn it down because loyalty, right? Lol
Yes

Real easy to say you'd turn down extra millions of guaranteed money. Seeing it on the table changes a lot.
Since that’s not how it happened, that’s kind of irrelevant.

Brown was apparently offered $16 mil, plus incentives to reach $20 ish mil (seems questionably reported) and that was sitting on a table in front of him.
Via his agent or himself, he said I want more. It wasn’t just sitting on the table offered. It’s not like he had 2 stacks of money sitting in front of him, he passed on a very large stack of money to negotiate somewhere else getting overpaid.
His gamble paid off, but that wasn’t a guarantee.

In order of operations, we don’t know for certain he had an offer in philly until after he was already at their negotiation table, he was traded because he wanted out of Tennessee. Either the money wasnt good enough, which seems to be a larger part of the issue, or he had issue with the team, not used enough, etc.

If anything, I’d say it’s harder for the avg person to walk away from the sure thing stack of money at that value.

Since that’s not how it happened, that’s kind of irrelevant.

Brown was apparently offered $16 mil, plus incentives to reach $20 ish mil (seems questionably reported) and that was sitting on a table in front of him.
Via his agent or himself, he said I want more. It wasn’t just sitting on the table offered. It’s not like he had 2 stacks of money sitting in front of him, he passed on a very large stack of money to negotiate somewhere else getting overpaid.
His gamble paid off, but that wasn’t a guarantee.

In order of operations, we don’t know for certain he had an offer in philly until after he was already at their negotiation table, he was traded because he wanted out of Tennessee. Either the money wasnt good enough, which seems to be a larger part of the issue, or he had issue with the team, not used enough, etc.

If anything, I’d say it’s harder for the avg person to walk away from the sure thing stack of money at that value.

You know the agent had discussions with Philly regarding AJB's market value and what it would take. AJB didn't fly blind into Philly as you're suggesting. AJB made numerous statements he wanted to stay in TN UNTIL he started receiving what he referred to as "low-ball offers".

I agree I don't care about the AJB situation any more, our best WR went to another team and the GM was fired for that and other bad decisions. But don't act like EVERY person here wouldn't take market pay over a pay cut of 20%.

You know the agent had discussions with Philly regarding AJB's market value and what it would take. AJB didn't fly blind into Philly as you're suggesting. AJB made numerous statements he wanted to stay in TN UNTIL he started receiving what he referred to as "low-ball offers".

I agree I don't care about the AJB situation any more, our best WR went to another team and the GM was fired for that and other bad decisions. But don't act like EVERY person here wouldn't take market pay over a pay cut of 20%.
Is that not tampering? He was under contract with Tennessee and not scheduled to even be a FA. I know the league has gotten really lax on the FA market.
That would also be a strange contact, unless the agent was contacting 31 other teams, unless JRob told his agent that he was possibly getting traded and to who.

And at no point was a pay cut on the table. He was going from a rookie contract to a big contract no matter where he went, including staying put.

Edit: reposted this in the AJ Brown thread. I also don’t want to ruin the Kern appreciation thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back