Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is a problem that needs to be addressed but how do you address it? How about any team that wins a SB must replace their coach with a coach of a different race for the following season?

Flores sues NFL, teams, alleges racism in hiring

It was bound to happen with how ridiculous they treat the Rooney rule. Good on Flores for speaking up and doing something about it.
Either get rid of the rule or take it seriously.

I believe him.

Also, that Rooney Rule is a joke. It was only a matter of time before someone sued over a sham interview.

That 2019 season was sketchy AF. It was obvious the front office was trying to tank for draft position. Not surprising to hear the owner offered bonuses for losing and was pissed when he won.

I thought he did an amazing job winning 5 games with that pile of trash, and a demoralized locker room.

Also that Rooney Rule is a joke. It was only a matter of time before someone sued over a sham interview. There have been so many.

it is a problem that needs to be addressed but how do you address it? How about any team that wins a SB must replace their coach with a coach of a different race for the following season?
1 interview didn’t work
2 interviews doesn’t seem to work
Now the NFL is gonna go to “hyper active” (spaceballs reference) and force 3 interviews.
Can’t see how that could possibly fail.

How about the best man for the job gets the job? How long has Mike Tomlin been a HC?

Or woman ;)
That is true but is McDaniels a better hire for HC than Brian Flores? Obviously LV thinks so but how do you justice hiring someone with no HC experience over someone coming off 2 winning seasons? The Belicheat connection? Flores was as well

Last edited by a moderator:
Or woman ;)
That is true but is McDaniels a better hire for HC than Brian Flores? Obviously LV thinks so but how do you justice hiring someone with no HC experience over someone coming off 2 winning seasons? The Belicheat connection? Flores was as well

Josh has HC experience

Or woman ;)

McDaniels was the head coach of the Broncos from 2009 to 2010, albeit he was terrible.

Teams are rewarded for minority coaches and executives promoting. They get draft picks. I’m not sure what else can be done, although the Rooney Rule needs to go. Trying to force the issue only makes things worse.

The tanking owner who also invested in a sports gambling company is the bigger issue here.

That's the NFL though, most people that get to work in these sport corporations, that's what the teams are, have connections within the league. I bet a lot of coach's,OC, and DC are either directly related, indirectly related, or know someone on the inside/know someone who knows. A lot industries are like this, I'm sure most of everyone on this site have experienced this. I'll use myself as an example. A month ago I applied for a job that pays more than where I'm at now, the job required a CDL, I have a CDL. In the interview one of the supervisors is a Mexican guy. I didn't get the job. Was this racism? Did that guy hate whites because all whites hate minorities. Come to find out, because I live in a small town, I found out who they hired. This guy had no CDL but, he was a cousin of that supervisor. At the end of the day the whole racism crap is stupid, most of the time it's who you know not what you know.

Or woman ;)
I really thought LV was gonna stick with their interim guy. Thought he earned the opportunity.

That's the NFL though, most people that get to work in these sport corporations, that's what the teams are, have connections within the league. I bet a lot of coach's,OC, and DC are either directly related, indirectly related, or know someone on the inside/know someone who knows. A lot industries are like this, I'm sure most of everyone on this site have experienced this. I'll use myself as an example. A month ago I applied for a job that pays more than where I'm at now, the job required a CDL, I have a CDL. In the interview one of the supervisors is a Mexican guy. I didn't get the job. Was this racism? Did that guy hate whites because all whites hate minorities. Come to find out, because I live in a small town, I found out who they hired. This guy had no CDL but, he was a cousin of that supervisor. At the end of the day the whole racism crap is stupid, most of the time it's who you know not what you know.
Yes it does happen in alot of industries...it seems more of an issue in the NFL....I read an article earlier about the minority coaches that were let go after winning seasons...you would that is the reason you hire a HC? Results?

This tanking issue with the Dolphins and looks like the Browns is the real issue. Pete Rose is banned for life for betting on his own team to win.

It appears the Browns owner paid Hugh Jackson to lose (tank games). It appears Mr. Ross tried to pay Flores 100,000 a game per loss. With gambling legal now this could be FBI matter.

If nothing else this way worse than 1919 Black Sox or Pete Rose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back