Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope he wins and gets a huge payday off of this racist nfl rule. The best man gets the job (in the eyes of the beholder). Flores is another good coach that got used and had his time wasted. He deserves to win the lawsuit and the rule should end. Stop this affirmative action bs, it doesn't work, proof is in the pudding

Detroit was the first to get caught being shady with it when they hired Steve Mariucci. Big Dumb Matt Millen just went out and hired Mariucci and someone pointed out he needed to follow the Rooney Rule. He did a token interview over the phone FFS.

He, and his media apologists, tried to justify it saying Mariucci was special, a coaching genius, and he should not have to interview anyone else.

Here is how that went"

View attachment 19317
I mean, that’s not fair to Mariucci either. How good would you expect a team that drafts nothing but broken WR to do?

Muc did well in SF, even after the Steve young era but hard to say dude was ever a genius.
I don’t know anyone who doesn’t think Matt Millen is a moron and at least in the conversation for worst GM ever.

I hope he wins and gets a huge payday off of this racist nfl rule. The best man gets the job (in the eyes of the beholder). Flores is another good coach that got used and had his time wasted. He deserves to win the lawsuit and the rule should end. Stop this affirmative action bs, it doesn't work, proof is in the pudding
24-25 in 3 years, 2 of which were after the Tom Brady excuse.

Now, as pointed out, maybe he was playing with a deck stacked against him if the ownership was trying to bring him in on the tanking idea. Chances are the owner made other decisions to help the tanking regardless of HC support.

As many already know, the NFL is a relationship league, and there arent really a lot of black assistant coaches to pick from.

Thats logically the reason we see so few minority head coaches.

and there's very few white players outside of linemen/qb

are we gonna rooney rule position players? no, best player gets the job

are we gonna rooney rule position players? no, best player gets the job
Does the Rooney rule apply to more than African American? Is there a certain percentage of blood line a person has to reach or is it just claim?

I don’t see a whole lot of Asian coaches, players, fans, refs. What about Indian (Asian style, not native style although it also applies)?

The Giants are in the lawsuit and they blatantly tanked going to the victory formation three times in the 3rd quarter against the Redskins, but with a white coach. The inference being made in the lawsuit that teams are tanking only during a black coach's reign is ridiculous to me.

As many already know, the NFL is a relationship league, and there arent really a lot of black assistant coaches to pick from.

Thats logically the reason we see so few minority head coaches.

Isn't that the argument, though? The bulk of the league is black. The bulk of coaches are former players. Yet we don't have a lot of black coaches. And we are far less likely to promote the ones that do get jobs.

Not true at all.
The top edge rusher, Watt, is white
The top TE, Kelce, is white
The top WR, Kupp, is white
The top ILB, Dzubnar, is white ;)

There are loads of white edge rushers, wide receivers, TE’s, linebackers, safeties, etc.

Does the Rooney rule apply to more than African American? Is there a certain percentage of blood line a person has to reach or is it just claim?

I don’t see a whole lot of Asian coaches, players, fans, refs. What about Indian (Asian style, not native style although it also applies)?
It's a minority rule.... Washington HC Ron Rivera is Puerto Rican I believe..it applies to all

Edit: Rivera’s mother is from Mexico and his dad is Puerto Rican

It's a minority rule.... Washington HC Ron Rivera is Puerto Rican I believe..it applies to all

Edit: Rivera’s mother is from Mexico and his dad is Puerto Rican
fkraiqlktod81.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back