Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are probably going to compete with the Jets to move up to the number two spot since they are the only other team with two first round selections. Maybe they are convinced that the player they want would be gone by their selection???

dman050586 said:
i was thinking maybe they would trade with us? but y would the move up who could the b targeting? A.J hawk?

You could stay at 6 and get Hawk. I'd think they have to be making a move either for Mario Williams, or Bush if the Texans dont take him.

This seems like a dumb move for a franchise who has been full of dumb moves lately. I don't see any way the 49ers can get more than 3 wins with their current roster. =(

49'ers has a lot of needs and needs quality players. They had 2 third rounders, so it's not that big a deal to loose one.

I don't think they'll trade up, down is more likely to get som more first day picks.

I don't think it's that bad a move. It's quite possible that they would use the 22nd pick on a RB that they like. It's a position of need, and they can get a good one there. Then they can still do whatever they want with #6. They get two really solid starters, which would help them significantly. They could also pick a WR with that pick for the same reasons.

Then again, the 49ers do some stupid things, maybe they will package it up for just one player, and then remain in the bottom of the league again.

If they're targeting a certain player at 22, that is a little premature. If they want to get more picks, why give away a 3rd ? It seems that they are thinking about trading up to me. If they aren't, then the trade is fine except that they should have just waited until draft day to make sure that player was still there.

I believe it's ammo for them to move up. With all this talk about the Texans possibly going with Mario, they could put themselves in a good position at #2. They have the option then of either Reggie or D'Brick. If Reggie is selected by the Texans and they really don't like D'Brick all that much, then they could just sit put with two first rounders. Funny, I thought the Bronco's might try and move up, not down - seeing as how they love Vernon Davis.

I'd guess they just want to take a RB there and not reach for one at #6. Someone should still be available at #22 between DeAngelo Williams, Laurence Maroney, and LenDale White.

Smash said:
49'ers has a lot of needs and needs quality players. They had 2 third rounders, so it's not that big a deal to loose one.

I don't think they'll trade up, down is more likely to get som more first day picks.
they dont need as many quality players as arizona does

They are not going to trade up.
They have so much of their future budget spent on last year's #1, and they really can't afford to have too many high picks on the roster.

They need that #22 pick. They have some many holes they need the filler and a #22 pick can fill a gap quicker than 2 smaller ones (the reasoning). 2 first rounders SHOULD give you two starters. They need offensive help and defensive help. The value this year is with cornerbacks late in the first round (with a load of them going) from 15-32. Alex Smith needs help so they'll probably be taking Vernon Davis and I'm thinking Antonio Cromartie.

For a team with no talent whatsoever, I can't see them trading the two first rounders to move up to 1,2,3 etc.

I cannot see a team that bad having 2 picks on the first day. However if they get Vernon Davis and a RB (Williams, Maroney etc.) it sets up the core of their offense for many years.

I think the 49ers take Vernon Davis at 6 then grab a starter for their defense at 22. Looks like an outstanding trade for both parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back