Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: Wynn Silberman, agent representing RB Chris Brown, says he hasn't received a response from the Titans to his formal trade request for his client. Titans General Manager Floyd Reese was not immediately available for comment. Silberman feels the Titans may not be the best fit for Brown as he enters his final season. "We’re kind of looking at the situation down there and we’re not sure he’s a great fit at this point," said Silberman. "We feel he’s a featured back with Pro Bowl potential and the opportunity may be better for him somewhere else in the league." Brown is in the final year of his contract scheduled to pay him $1.57 million. His best season was '04 where he gained 1,067 yards (with a 4.9-yard average) in just 11 games.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

I guess it would be considered tampering if the agent said where he thought Chris Brown would have a better opportunity. I really think he is already in the best place for him to succeed at this stage in the offseason. Training camp is in 8 days, and he already knows our system. Where else does he think Chris Brown can play, AND do better on the field than right here in Nashville?

OR HERE :

Seven-time Pro Bowl tailback Marshall Faulk, the ninth-leading rusher in NFL history and a future Hall of Fame member, likely will undergo knee surgery next week that could sideline him for the 2006 season and possibly end his career (St. Louis)

He shouldnt get featured back money until he can prove that he is a legit feature back. I say if we can get a decent pick for him or help on the line trade him, and hand the reins over to the future rookie of the year Lendale White.

I'm confused !!! So Nashville isn't the place for him to succeed as a "feature" Back? Well I guess I cant argue with that, he hasn't done anything in two years... Blowing up your rookie year and then hindering your next two seasons with constant injury and declining stats doeasn't make you a "Featured Back"... This team has severly suffered the last two seasons without a running game, without a winning record and without Brown really proving himself as more then a flash in the pan IMHO..... With all the BS that has gone down this offseason I haven't once sat and though, god.... what about Brown?!?! Whats going on with him??? I'm sorry to say it but see ya... Lets get some help on the line and a little less delusion in the locker room....
Go Titans...
(it's time to trim the fat and get back to where we belong)

i doubt we even trade him at all, his agent could just be trying to stir the pot by talking trade...where else is he going to get the money he is looking for?

LazyManJackson said:
I agree with one thing, I think Brown does have Pro Bowl potential
As does many players who never make the Pro Bowl.

If Brown has that kind of confidence in his ability, he should know his payday will come when he performs this season.

I don't think he is pro-bowl worthy. He really hasn't done squat since his second season and even then he was only average. Sure he had a couple great games but that just comes with the territory of playing every game. Billy Volek had some good games too but is he going to be a pro-bowler. Highly doubt it, same goes for Brown. Personally, I'm sick of waiting on everybody's potential. It's time to "put out" or "get out."

I'm surprised the Titans haven't made a move to get rid of one of those backs yet any way...

I saw little last year, and not much more before that to make me think he will ever be much more than a average back.

If he's really unhappy in his situation, I wish we would cut him loose. The Titans are young and full of raw talent...If there's anything we don't need it's a malcontent.

In fairness, Brown does have a rep. as being a positive guy...But that can change if you're unhappy, and feel like your replacement has entered the building.

i think that the reason he wants to get out of nashville is because he is afraid that lendale can and probably will take over his job, by beating him out, and he doesnt want to get embarrassed

BAMARON said:
I saw little last year, and not much more before that to make me think he will ever be much more than a average back.
He had hundreds of yards taken away last year due to penalites on the O-line.
He has shown he is capable of busting a huge run at any time.

He should stay and silence his doubters this year, and then look around if he thinks there are greener pastures than LP field.

In the big picture, our chance to win in 2006 goes down alot without Brown in the backfield. I'm thinking it's going to be tough to win 6 games given our schedule, and without Brown the odds go down.

Henry has shown me nothing yet, although I've seen some comments that he's focused and ready to play - but isn't everybody saying the right thing this time of year.
And White may be the future, but this hamstring seems to be lingering - and it'll 'pop' back at any time to sideline him for the rest of the season.

We need Brown this year - and we need to be thinking about seriously resigning him.

TitanJeff said:
If Brown has that kind of confidence in his ability, he should know his payday will come when he performs this season.

Will be pretty hard to do if Chow gives White most of the carries, considering he talked Reese into drafting him, I'm sure he's also going to put him on the field as often as he can.

This may be more about his agents trying to protect him and not about his attitude. He starts the season as the #1 running back and what happens past that is more up to him than anyone else. The Titans will have the cap space to pay him big money next year if he proves hes worth it lets see what he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back