Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vigsted said:
Will be pretty hard to do if Chow gives White most of the carries, considering he talked Reese into drafting him, I'm sure he's also going to put him on the field as often as he can.

I dont think "Chow will be giving white most of the carries", this isn't a schoolyard football game, I'm sure chow did put his imput about White to the staff and FO during the draft, but why wouldn't he, he knows him as a player, he knows his work ethic and isn't the best way to make a good pick having the information behind a player and his abilities?? I would hardly say chow talked reese into Lendale, his track record and talent spoke for him, Chow coached him, who wouldn't want his imput.. As for who gets the majority of the carries it comes down to production, who EARNS the spot.. If brown stays, and he shows the type of player he can be and stay injury free, he'll get the carries, if he doesn't; just like with any other NFL team, he will get repleaced by someone who is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job... i dont really care who is carrying the ball as long as we get our running game back, who's going to do the job best?? Brown, White, Henry... who knows, the only thing for certain is someone needs to step up...

fltitan said:
He starts the season as the #1 running back and what happens past that is more up to him than anyone else
The real reason he doesn't feel like this is the best fit for him is probably a reason that will never be reported.
Coach's or whatever have probably cued him into the fact that he's not part of their plan here, because of who know's why, but he's not.

i doubt the coaches have cued him or anything, they have made it clear he is the #1 back as of now, and i know i just as OF NOW but why not stay a prove yourself?

Vigsted said:
Will be pretty hard to do if Chow gives White most of the carries, considering he talked Reese into drafting him, I'm sure he's also going to put him on the field as often as he can.
There is no way White will get the bulk of the carries anytime soon. He may be familiar with parts of Chow's offense but it takes time for any RB to learn how to pick up the blitz and running routes.

White isn't even in football shape right now. He'll be given a few packages but I don't expect White to get 1/3 of the carries as long as Brown stays healthy.

Hoffa said:
The real reason he doesn't feel like this is the best fit for him is probably a reason that will never be reported.
Coach's or whatever have probably cued him into the fact that he's not part of their plan here, because of who know's why, but he's not.

I think you're right about that. If Brown feels like he should leave now, it's because something has been done or said that makes him think he's future here isn't so bright.

But even that could be a misunderstanding...like when Sirmon wanted to be released after signing Thornton.

In reference to your other post...If he stays I sure hope he proves himself...I'm for the guys in the Titans uniform...whoever wears it.

BAMARON said:
If Brown feels like he should leave now, it's because something has been done or said that makes him think he's future here isn't so bright.

EXHIBIT A - trading a 3rd round pick for Travis Henry
EXHIBIT B - using a 2nd Round pick on a potential monster

or maybe its because there have been rumors of Denver being interested in trading for a Titan, and Chris just said "hey, I don't mind Colorado"

I can't see Shanahan being real anxious in aquiring a back fairly similar to Tatum. I feel Heimerdinger is involved in some small way if Denver is interested.

I don't think there was a plan to draft a RB early this past year. White just kindof fell to us. Heck, we traded down in teh 2nd round and still ended up drafting White. Devon Hester, the punt reterner for Miami, was apparently going to be our pick until they changed their mind at the last moment.

The Titans to me appeared content to go into the season with Brown and Henry. We didn't draft White because of Brown's injuries - we drafted White because he was too much talent to pass on despite the runningbacks on our roster.

Surely this wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that Brown recently switched agents....and his new agents don't get paid a dime unless he signs a new contract.

Nah...that wouldn't have anything to do with it.

It's like when Volek switched agents and his new one, Rosenshark, demanded a trade. The difference is Volek put a muzzle on his agent and told him to can the trade talk. Brown hasn't done that.

The day we drafted White I posted that Brown was history.

I will see my prediction come true.

Brown, great kid, great attitude, great ability. Horrible durability. He's gone.

After reading the article in the Nashville City paper I agree with Nine completely. Everything the agent says makes it obvious this was his idea. Chris stays here and is the #1 rb at the beginning of the season. Yesterday I posted that the agent was just trying to protect his client I was wrong he is just looking for a pay day, I dislike agents more everyday and I already hated them.

fltitan said:
After reading the article in the Nashville City paper I agree with Nine completely. Everything the agent says makes it obvious this was his idea. Chris stays here and is the #1 rb at the beginning of the season. Yesterday I posted that the agent was just trying to protect his client I was wrong he is just looking for a pay day, I dislike agents more everyday and I already hated them.

Bullseye fltitan...you and Nine. Most of these agent pukes are bottom feeding mudsuckers. Although I would like to see some EG like toughness from him, I don't remember Brown ever complaing - about anything. Bottom line: Agent can use any ploy he wants. Reese doesn't have to do anything. Brown's under contract. If he wants to go somewhere else, he can use that as incentive, and produce this year...or not.

He certainly can request a trade, but at this point, he's not real valuable. His value can only go up if he puts up numbers this year, and that's up to HIM. I don't feel he has any leverage in this situation. He goes out this year and stinks it up, or gets hurt again, and no one will want him.

JDee

:hmm:
goTitans.com said:
SUMMARY: Wynn Silberman, agent representing RB Chris Brown, says he hasn't received a response from the Titans to his formal trade request for his client. Titans General Manager Floyd Reese was not immediately available for comment. Silberman feels the Titans may not be the best fit for Brown as he enters his final season. "We’re kind of looking at the situation down there and we’re not sure he’s a great fit at this point," said Silberman. "We feel he’s a featured back with Pro Bowl potential and the opportunity may be better for him somewhere else in the league." Brown is in the final year of his contract scheduled to pay him $1.57 million. His best season was '04 where he gained 1,067 yards (with a 4.9-yard average) in just 11 games.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.
I would give the titans a fourth round pick for C brown. Hey L Jordan needs someone to carry his bags. (back him up)

Raider9175 said:
:hmm:
I would give the titans a fourth round pick for C brown. Hey L Jordan needs someone to carry his bags. (back him up)

Wow, that joke is so old it... never mind. You wouldn't get him for a 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back