Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian said:
Field turf is synthetic. It would hold up in any weather.

Did you watch the Seattle game in the snow? The players weren't even slipping. It's a great surface, and we need it. After NE lost to the Jets with all the slipping Brady did they put it in immediately.

TNThunder said:
Did you watch the Seattle game in the snow? The players weren't even slipping.

Shaun racked up over 200 on that field in snowfall
and I do not recall anyone complaining of difficult footing

I'm all for it

I'm sure there's some kind of fixed budget allocated for the maintenance and replacement of the grass on the field.

I remember reading somewhere that it costs around $7500 to replace the grass on a football stadium, so if the organization was to replace the grass on the field after every two home games they would end up spending about $30,000 which is considered peanuts compared to their income.

TSU IMO should be responsible for some of that cost since they're using the field too.

I think I'll install field turf in my yard just so I can stop dealing with the watering, lawn mowing, aerating, seeding, fertilizing, etc... :ha:

PitBull said:
I'm sure there's some kind of fixed budget allocated for the maintenance and replacement of the grass on the field.

I remember reading somewhere that it costs around $7500 to replace the grass on a football stadium, so if the organization was to replace the grass on the field after every two home games they would end up spending about $30,000 which is considered peanuts compared to their income.

TSU IMO should be responsible for some of that cost since they're using the field too.

I'm not sure, but I would say it is alot more expensive then that. If it wasn't I think it would have already been replaced. I think football was meant to played on grass, however when it gets cold and the grass stops growing you start having problems with the turf. Under the circumstances I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to switch to the field turf.

Landscape contractors charge about 3.00 per square yard for turf installation in my area. That means that a standard football field would be more like $ 25,000.00 to replace one time.

Ewker said:
and outdoors in the weather..get rid of the enclosed stadiums :moon2:

I agree with getting rid of enclosed stadiums but being able to play outdoors and also have a excellant field each game requires field turf. Why the heck would anyone want a game where the footing is inconsistent anyway. One slip and a game could be put in the balance or a player could have a serious injury. Play outside but on a quality field.

Soxcat said:
I agree with getting rid of enclosed stadiums but being able to play outdoors and also have a excellant field each game requires field turf. Why the heck would anyone want a game where the footing is inconsistent anyway. One slip and a game could be put in the balance or a player could have a serious injury. Play outside but on a quality field.

dang soxcat, they played football outside for yrs and yrs when fields were in worse conditions they are now. Seems the old games makes you appreciate the way football was supposed to be played. To many wussies playing now.

I don't care for games to be decided by weather or field conditions. I had rather see a reflection of two teams and how they played during the year and let them settle it under neutral conditions. While it was dramatic to watch Green Bay win against Dallas, playing on a frozen field where you can't even get your cleats to dig in is just not the essence of the game. You also have to realize that years ago 300 pound linemen ran 5.8 40's, now they run 4.6's. They are much more athletic now, and the chance for injury is far greater.

So get some ol'fashioned 5.8 guys if injuries are the main concern.

Seriously Dome teams build their teams to reflect that fact. Northern outdoor teams build their teams to reflect that ect... Win and get HFA then make other teams adapt to your perferred field.

This thread needs to be bumped up again. We have the worst field. Almost cost us the game with Vince slipping. ENOUGH !!!! Put in field turf.

yeah, there were several times I saw players slipping that could've made a difference in the game. (White and Young, in particular)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back