Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to believe that Vrabel is the issue here. He's the one constant through the last few years. At least J-Rob went for it with Julio - though it turned out poorly.

It's amazing how this team has consistently, for almost 25 years, lacked a top notch WR and passing game, and how they always seem to hire coaches whose offensive motto is "run the ball and let WRs block." You would think after this long, they would want to change their philosophy as an organization.
I’m not saying you’re wrong, but FWIW Vrabel was visibly pissed when we traded away AJB

Thinking outside the box here - and if our WR situation wasn't so dire, I don't know that I would consider this. BUT…

Caleb Farley played WR for a little while at VaTech before switching to CB. What about switching him back to see if he can give you anything there (because he's not giving you much at CB currently)? He would at least give you a speed element that we currently lack and supposedly he can run high 4.2's to low 4.3's (though he didn't run at the combine).

It doesn't seem like a Vrabel type move, but I would be willing to try anything right now, since there are college teams with a better WR core than we currently have.

Thinking outside the box here - and if our WR situation wasn't so dire, I don't know that I would consider this. BUT…

Caleb Farley played WR for a little while at VaTech before switching to CB. What about switching him back to see if he can give you anything there (because he's not giving you much at CB currently)? He would at least give you a speed element that we currently lack and supposedly he can run high 4.2's to low 4.3's (though he didn't run at the combine).

It doesn't seem like a Vrabel type move, but I would be willing to try anything right now, since there are college teams with a better WR core than we currently have.
I’d like to see him not be the bottom feeder of the CB depth chart before moving him to bottom feeder of the WR depth chart.

In for the torn ACL on the first route he runs

in the words of Jim Wyatt, "we'll see........." and "theres a whole bunch of a group of guh-hi-s-s-s-s-s-s (his way of saying guys) in free agency"

I can’t help but think Dowell in the 7th and Copeland as an UDFA was the plan all along. Really think the Titans believe they can contribute early.

This will never get fix under Mike Vravel dude wants LTs playing WR.

No FA will ever sign up for that no top drafted WR will develop with that mind set.

I can’t help but think Dowell in the 7th and Copeland as an UDFA was the plan all along. Really think the Titans believe they can contribute early.

Yeah, I think you are right. They even had a pre draft meeting with Copeland. It's a double edged sword though. They probably will contribute in TN, but probably wouldn't make the cut on many other teams.

I’m just hoping that all these unknowns turn out as good as our previous superstar draft picks like Justin Hunter, DGB, Tajae Sharpe, maybe even a Kendall Wright.

Yea, cause that AJ Brown guy sucked. Never developed.
Did he though? Was it the coaching staff that made AJ Brown and not just natural, god given talent? It is a clear answer, if it were coaching we would have multiple AJs and wouldnt have had so many other busts like CD... No our position coaches have been trash since Vrabel arrived. Vrabel wants WRs that block, JRob gave Vrabel WRs that block. Unfortunately Vrabel didnt care if they could also catch the ball or had any talent outside of blocking... but you know... ALL JROBs FAULT.

Did he though? Was it the coaching staff that made AJ Brown and not just natural, god given talent? It is a clear answer, if it were coaching we would have multiple AJs and wouldnt have had so many other busts like CD... No our position coaches have been trash since Vrabel arrived. Vrabel wants WRs that block, JRob gave Vrabel WRs that block. Unfortunately Vrabel didnt care if they could also catch the ball or had any talent outside of blocking... but you know... ALL JROBs FAULT.
He did develop into a bit of a d-bag that didn’t want to play in TN.

I’m just hoping that all these unknowns turn out as good as our previous superstar draft picks like Justin Hunter, DGB, Tajae Sharpe, maybe even a Kendall Wright.
Tajae Sharpe was perfectly fine for a 5th round pick. Just terrible management coming into a year with a 5th round pick as your WR1 and with a shell shocked QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back