Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Jim Rome show today says C. Woodson wants to play in Tennessee. apparently he and K. Bulluck became buddies at the pro bowl a few years ago. Would this the veteran CB we've been thinking about? Would he be a good fot for FS?

If he could stay healthy throughout a season I would have no problem having him on the team. Now I am only saying this b/c of what you have said.

Bulluck said:
We're rebuilding anyways I say stick with our young corners... Woodson would only take away experience from one of them

No we wouldn't. Tank is on his way out. Pacman and Hill start still. And with the way Lamont plays the game as a hard hitter he can play strong safety and Woodson could play FS. Of coarse this is just speculation on him coming here so either way we will know soon enough.

I say we cut one of our safeties(Lamont) and bring in Woodson. We can
draft an athletic fast coverage safety or corner in the mid rounds(try to get a third round pick to use on safety) or give fuller a shot at the FS position or convert Woolfolk into a FS. We need more experience and speed in the secondary I think Woodson could help at the right price.

metal957 said:
No we wouldn't. Tank is on his way out. Pacman and Hill start still. And with the way Lamont plays the game as a hard hitter he can play strong safety and Woodson could play FS. Of coarse this is just speculation on him coming here so either way we will know soon enough.
First off, its unlikely that Woodson will play here. Our FS and SS are all but set in stone and are CBs are young and talented. He would have to sign for the vet min or close to it for us to consider it(and Woodson wont do that)

We'd only need to draft a safety really if it was on the strong side. I think Fisher and Reese have too much confidence in Fuller to draft FS again, especially since he hasn't played. Also, I think they will wait until after camp starts to see what they have in Marcus Randall. Nickey, hopefully, is a goner. Having the vet help of Woodson, if he was going to stay healthy, and really perform, would be fine with me if we could afford it.

Could Volek go to the Raiders with the departure of Collins seemingly imminenet? I'm sure the FO is waiting for the right time to move Billy.

maximus said:
First off, its unlikely that Woodson will play here. Our FS and SS are all but set in stone and are CBs are young and talented. He would have to sign for the vet min or close to it for us to consider it(and Woodson wont do that)

What do mean about our safeties being set in stone. I would definately disagree with that. Tank played fine his first two years but really has dipped in his play the last two years at least his coverage skills. Multiple times during this season he got beat like drum and in doing so also made Pacman look like he got beat. He is there to give support to the Pass defense first, run second. I believe very well he could be on his way out and I am not the only one.

metal957 said:
What do mean about our safeties being set in stone. I would definately disagree with that. Tank played fine his first two years but really has dipped in his play the last two years at least his coverage skills. Multiple times during this season he got beat like drum and in doing so also made Pacman look like he got beat.
The coaches are high on Fuller and there will be competition between Lamount and Fuller(if Lamount makes it to training camp). As for SS, Tank will be there to play SS, with Nickey or another player there to back Tank up.
Tank is not a cover 2/zone S, he is better when he plays more up near the line. Sure Tank got "beat like a drum" but you mean to tell me that Lamount didnt.
metal957 said:
He is there to give support to the Pass defense first, run second. I believe very well he could be on his way out and I am not the only one.
Tank will stay most likely, his cap hit isnt that Large, but Lamounts cap hit is pretty big considering his lack of quality production.

I wonder if there is any chance the Bills cut Lawyer Milloy. I'd add him to the secondary in a heartbeat, though I think they'd be foolish to cut him.

maximus said:
The coaches are high on Fuller and there will be competition between Lamount and Fuller(if Lamount makes it to training camp). As for SS, Tank will be there to play SS, with Nickey or another player there to back Tank up. Tank is not a cover 2/zone S, he is better when he plays more up near the line. Sure Tank got "beat like a drum" but you mean to tell me that Lamount didnt.

Ok I can see where you are coming. Fuller wasn't that bad up until he got injured. Plus we don't even know if Woodson is even interested in here for sure. But hey we have to have these discussions during the offseason because right now nothing else is better.

Ha wait Woodson is a corner right? All this safety talk is getting me confused.

And would he convert to safety? And if so would he be worth it... dont think hes the most physical guy

Well if he were to become a Titan I would prefer for him to be a FS it would look something like this.

FS C. Woodson
SS T. Williams
CB P. Jones
CB R. Hill
NB A. Wollfolk

I think that would be a nice group!

Bulluck said:
Ha wait Woodson is a corner right? All this safety talk is getting me confused.

And would he convert to safety? And if so would he be worth it... dont think hes the most physical guy

No you are right he is a corner. And about your physical question, FS is the lesser of the physical safety he is the more cover one. The reason lately our FS position has been phsical is because Lance and then Lamont. Physicality is always a plus but we need a safety that could cover and that is what Woodson could bring.

AFC46 said:
Well if he were to become a Titan I would prefer for him to be a FS it would look something like this.

FS C. Woodson
SS T. Williams
CB P. Jones
CB R. Hill
NB A. Wollfolk

I think that would be a nice group!

Either way we hust a swap at one of the safety position. That looks like a fine group right there.

metal957 said:
No you are right he is a corner. And about your physical question, FS is the lesser of the physical safety he is the more cover one. The reason lately our FS position has been phsical is because Lance and then Lamont. Physicality is always a plus but we need a safety that could cover and that is what Woodson could bring.

I know fs is less physical but if we got rid one safety Tank would be the logical choice since he is a free agent and LT has like 4yrs left on his contract. If you're thinking move LT to strong and then Woodson to free i see where your going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back