Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
maximus said:
Tank will stay most likely, his cap hit isnt that Large, but Lamounts cap hit is pretty big considering his lack of quality production.
actually, tank costs 0 against the cap. after march 3rd he's an UFA.

I think there are still too many UT fans who are also Titans fans who don't like Woodson because of the Heisman deal that there would be a lot of people very unhappy about him being on the team. I just don't see it happening.

I love UT and I don't like Woodson because he is notorious for not putting any effort forth after he collects his paycheck. On top of that, he is not a top player any more... not even close. I think the vet min is appropriate here, but knowing Woodson, he would never consider that. Also, it might be a bit late in his career to have him change positions. He has no experience playing safety as far as I know.

maximus said:
... Our FS and SS are all but set in stone and are CBs are young and talented.

Thats the problem, our safties played like they were set in stone. Actually there is a good chance Williams isn't back because he is an UFA and there is a good chance Thompson gets cut because he is more expensive than his ability. Woodson would not be a good addition because we already have Woolfolk at NB and a more pure FS in Fuller. Woodson would not be worth the $$ and it would be better spent on a true SS or a LB.

nouveaux said:
I think there are still too many UT fans who are also Titans fans who don't like Woodson because of the Heisman deal that there would be a lot of people very unhappy about him being on the team. I just don't see it happening.

I'm sure Floyd Reese would be very concerned about what Peyton Manning fans think about Woodson :rolleyes:

Bulluck said:
I know fs is less physical but if we got rid one safety Tank would be the logical choice since he is a free agent and LT has like 4yrs left on his contract. If you're thinking move LT to strong and then Woodson to free i see where your going.

That is where I am pointing to. I would not Have a problem with that at all.

nigel said:
I'm sure Floyd Reese would be very concerned about what Peyton Manning fans think about Woodson :rolleyes:
This may surprise many of you but there was a time when I was upset that Manning did not win that Hiesman (sp?) Trophy... Funny how a pro football team relocating to Nashville can change one's outlook so drastically.

Soxcat said:
Thats the problem, our safties played like they were set in stone. Actually there is a good chance Williams isn't back because he is an UFA and there is a good chance Thompson gets cut because he is more expensive than his ability. Woodson would not be a good addition because we already have Woolfolk at NB and a more pure FS in Fuller. Woodson would not be worth the $$ and it would be better spent on a true SS or a LB.
I dont think there is a way that Reese lets both of the S go in the same offseason. Fuller and Williams back there would be good, Williams is more suited for blitzing and playing close to the line to play the run

Actually it depends on what is out there in FA and how much Tank expects. Williams was the SS last year and didn't do well at all (he played were he was "suited"). He came on later in the season but we may still be better off finding a different player via the draft or FA. Remember, Tank was a 2nd round pick who was anointed with the starting job from day one. It could happen again if we get the right guy in the draft.
As for Thompson, unless they want to move him to SS thinking he could be better there they could easily cut him if they feel confident Fuller is the better answer. Why pay Thompson if Fuller is going to start anyway?

The Defense needs more experience. This would be a great fit. A big talent at a rather inexpensive price. CW and Bulluck could be a great duo and work well together. Its time for the Titans to start winning some ball games, you dont win games now by bringing in more young players. We need some vets.

If Woodson did come in, do you guys really think he wouldn't win the nickle job from Woolfork? I envision if he made the switch to FS ,ala Rod Woodson, he would have a shot as being the nickleback and Fuller or Woolfork would come in and be the dimeback

For the love of god, get hold for yourselves lads, we need Charles Woodson like no tomorow. If we get him, it would be a quality addition to our struggling defence. Expereince, talent and adesire to do well. If he does these traits at the Titans, then it can only be good

I don't know if the money he'll want rates the production we'll get. Would he come in and work hard to make the transition here? For a smaller salary than elsewhere? Especially when another crap defensive team (like Detroit, HOUSTON) would pay him to stay at corner, just for the name? I'm not sure...

I don't think it's realistic. Just my two cents worth. I DID do that on Madden 05, tho... (*insert evil laugh here*)

Yap yap yappity yap, all this gum flapping, er, keyboard clacking! C'mon fellas! When was the last time Charles Woodson impacted a game? (I'll just sit here tapping the heel of my stiletto while I wait for this answer:irked: )

It's a rarity when the Titans do well in signing free agents from other teams. The whole Vanden Bosch thing was a freakin' fluke. Or maybe Vanden Bosch lifted the curse. I simply can't see C.Wood showing up in Tennessee making a big difference. I know we get all giddy for a big name player like C.Wood, but he's nothing but that. A big name.

Godfrey was good. Fisk was good. Favors wasnt bad. Got Eddie Robinson back, he was good again. Schulters was good. Vanden Bosch is obviously good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back