Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fisher said he thinks Calico is pressing, and called him out for some sluggish play in recent practices.
"I saw a ball hit him in the face today. You need to catch those balls," Fisher said "I don't know if he is pressing or what, but he has had opportunities to make plays and he is not making the plays.
"It is going to be tough on Ty. He is going to have to make some plays in the preseason games real quick."

it doesn't look good :hmm:

There have been a lot of things in the last few days, I almost wonder if he won't last the initial cut. That's after the second game, right?

Even if he caught every ball thrown to him I do not see him making it. He is so low in the depth chart he will not play until the 4th if he even sees the field.

With Jones trying to come back it doesn't look good.
With Bennett and Givens as the starters, the three 2nd year guys and Wade we would have 6 WRs without Calico. I still think if he shows anything we need to PUP Jones to give him more time to get back to 100% and then after the 6th week they can make a decision. Good chance someone gets hurt which would keep a roster spot open as well. You hate to just cut a 2nd round pick.

Another problem for Calico is he doesn't play STs. Hard to justify a 5th or 6th WR on the roster who doesn't play STs.

Don't forget Orr. It's unlikely we're cutting Orr, which really puts Calico down there. I think he'll be gone. As you say, special team or Jones staying out would give him a chance, but it looks like those aren't going to happen.

I think they'll move Calico up the depth chart in the preseason just to get a chance to evaluate him against better competition. Givens and Bennett probably won't play very long, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Wade and Calico come in next through the first couple of games. If Calico dropsies against good competition, he'll be gone before preseason is up, I think.

But I'll go ahead and be in the minority -- I think he'll have a decent showing in preseason -- I just don't know if it will be enough to save his spot.

I don't really have a sense of Orr's performance at all. Does anyone? I hear far too little about him.

Don't know if this factors into anything, but I was at TJ Maxx in Brentwood yesterday, and Calico's #87 jersey had been marked down to $9.99

McRatbird's was at $19.99

It's very hard to see Calico on this team.. first of all it's difficult to compare ACL injuries, but isn't it surprising that Jones has 1) recovered in 7-8 months, 2) lost 10-15 lbs and increased his speed, 3) seems to be ready to go mentally, 4) has worked on his hands and framing the catch, while Calico has faltered... if Jones go to PUP,Calico is still 7th on the depth chart.. Calico likely goes to another team for a 5th round pick next year..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back