Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: WR Tyrone Calico has returned to offseason conditioning program and is showing encouraging signs. "Ty has been a little inconsistent as far as attendance is concerned, but this week he looked good," Titans Coach Jeff Fisher said. "It looks like he has a spring back in his step, an explosion." Calico had finished last season on injured reserve with a hamstring injury and missed much of the '05 season with an ACL. He is in the last year of his contract. "He needs to continue to work and work hard," Fisher said. "Ty's had trouble with injuries and we've had high expectations for him, but Ty can be a bonus for us offensively."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

Second year out from the ACL's right?...thank you Roy Williams. I remember being pretty hopeful that this knock-kneed kid would be a fairly good replacement for JMac when he bolted for the Jets.

I hope he finally gets it together mentally and physically, contract year or not. It would sure be nice if he could actually contribute with some meaningful production...on a regular basis.

When you're 6'7", all the QB needs to do is throw the ball up. That's part of why Drew Bennett has found some success - he can leap over defenders to make the catch. Of course, now that Bob Sanders has figured out how to put his helmet in DB's midsection at the time of the catch...not so effective anymore

super_titan said:
Well he has great explosion and can run fast again, but still cant run good routes and catch the ball.
The preseason before his injury Calico had improved tremendously with his hands and route running.
I think this is a make or break year for Calico

He has showed flashes every spring i want reg season results. I want him to be good so bad.... I just hope somehow he catches on.

KamikaZ said:
Bennett is 6'5 with some leap, Calico is 6'4 with a lot of leap. That's a lot of height...

I read somewhere that Drew had around a 40" vert. If that's true, he's got a lot. "White Men Can't Jump" was just a movie :lol:

With Brandon Jones hurt Calico will get a chance. We need him to step up, but I'm thinking it's just as likely Roby or Roydell end up as our primary #3 until Brandon gets back. With all our TE Troupe will probably be #3 some too.

Bobo said:
I read somewhere that Drew had around a 40" vert. If that's true, he's got a lot. "White Men Can't Jump" was just a movie :lol:

There are always exceptions, but "white men can't jump" is not just a movie title, it's a sad truth. =(

no matter what calico is gone next year. Y u ask? because if he has a good year he will get a bigger contract from another team. if he sux titans won resign him. so enjoy calico this season. i has high hopes for him but i realized no way he is here in 07

Unless Calico has a pro bowl year he won't be signed to a big contract by another team, so if he does well enough for the Titans to want to resign him, there won't be any competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back