Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ewker said:
[
MsTitan, you can take off those rose colored glasses now.

McNair was supposedly in better shape than he had been in a few yrs. He knew during camp he was going to have to throw the ball to the rookies WR's during the season. He got so bad he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the ball. It was either high, low, behind or way in front of the WR. Yes the rookies were learning but they were catching balls from Volek in practice not McNair. No chemistry was made between them.

You can't blame Mcnair's problems on former players who are no longer here.

I am not saying McNair is the same player he was 2-3 years ago, nobody is. But I clearly remember him throwing the ball to a couple of rookies who didn't even know what play was called and the ball hits them in back. Not all of that is McNair't fault. I just bring up the point that no QB would have a success with what McNair had to work with so I don't think you can judge him by last year.

I agree. One more year at the most. He can't even throw a nice tight spiral any more. Everyone of his passes are wobbly. I love seeing nice tight spirals thrown and I never get to see that while we are on offense.

Bottom line, McNair's contract as it stands will change. Either it gets restructured, which is likely, or perhaps he is let go, but I want to see him retire a Titan.

Maybe mcnair rocks in 2006?

Better team overall, better WR, troupe emerges as a monster, better running game brown is in his last year under contract.

I'm thinking another pro bowl for steve and everyone will be singing a different tune.

Yeah the $50m issue is gone we didn't pick up the option and that means this his last contract year.

Note that i'm the poster who said mcnair would put up big time numbers in 2003. I started a thread suggesting a possible 4000 yard season and steve did win the mvp.

Rolltide, like EF hutton, when rolltide talks smart people listen. :))

2006 will be a a steve mcnair revival! Steveology will be the hot new religion!

RollTide said:
Rolltide, like EF hutton, when rolltide talks smart people listen. :))
see Gunny, I don't think you are giving Mr. Analyst here enough credit.
I don't think the Great Gundini predicted that.

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
see Gunny, I don't think you are giving Mr. Analyst here enough credit.
I don't think the Great Gundini predicted that.

RollTide is just busting to get that jerkstore comment out. I think he might fly down under and come to my work. :ha:

At this point, he's all we got. If we bring in a rook we'll suck and if we let Volek take over we'll suck. He's our only hope unless they bring a FA QB which would be highly unlikely.

rcarie said:
At this point, he's all we got. If we bring in a rook we'll suck and if we let Volek take over we'll suck. He's our only hope unless they bring a FA QB which would be highly unlikely.

Hey, rcarie. I actually agree with you.

Rolltide, I am on the same bandwagon you are. If the rookies progress and with the addition of Givens, move Bennett back to #2 and if the running game picks up. That's a lot of ifs. But I see the McNair, Chow and the entire offense doing better.

MsTitan said:
If the rookies progress and with the addition of Givens, move Bennett back to #2 and if the running game picks up.

Fished already said that Givens would slide into the #1 receiver role.

Don't put that in stone; I'm sure Givens and Bennett will compete for it, but Fisher did say that Givens would probably slide into the #1 spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back