Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather the Pats win. Not only could the colts still catch us, I don't even want them in the playoffs. I don't want to have to beat them a third time. Go pats and hopefully they lose to the bills or dolphins later.

Titans win + Colts loss next week makes us the first division winners of 2021.

The only time the Titans made the SB they beat a divisional opponent 3 times. Just FYI.

The best possible outcome is getting a bye week to rest our players. So I will root for the Colts. It's not as easy as that because we are throwing a minor league team out there each week, but there's no reason we can't win two more games against the other minor league teams. Hope for the bye, and then get right.

KC probably has the 1 seed though. We probably get the 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
The best possible outcome is getting a bye week to rest our players. So I will root for the Colts. It's not as easy as that because we are throwing a minor league team out there each week, but there's no reason we can't win two more games against the other minor league teams. Hope for the bye, and then get right.

KC probably has the 1 seed though. We probably get the 2.
If we win out, which we should, and KC wins out, which they should...LAC is their toughest game imo ..then we have the tie breaker

I'd rather the Pats win. Not only could the colts still catch us, I don't even want them in the playoffs. I don't want to have to beat them a third time. Go pats and hopefully they lose to the bills or dolphins later.

Titans win + Colts loss next week makes us the first division winners of 2021.
This is a most excellent point. I came here to post this exact question because I'm super torn on this. But I'm with you, I want no part of the Colts a 3rd time. I honestly think I'd rather see KC or NE in the playoffs than Indy. They're surging right now and our offense is having trouble putting points on the board.

A secondary question to this thread's main question for everyone: If the Titans are in the 1 seed going into week 18 against Houston, and Henry is available to play, do you play him to knock the rust off and ensure you get the #1 seed, or rest him hoping the team pulls it out and give him an extra week to heal up?

It doesn't matter who you play in the playoffs. You have to beat good teams to make it the Superbowl. The only things that matter is how many good teams you have to beat, and whether you get to do it at home. Seeding is all that matters!

The best thing about the #1 seed is that you're 1 win away from the AFCCG and get to host it. How awesome would it be to play the game in Nashville?!

I'm going for the Colts in this one. If the Patriots win this and we end up losing to the Steelers, I just don't see us catching them for the #1 seed.

Of note, the odds are 9-1 for the AFC. That's a good bet despite the fact I see it as nearly impossible, but if you can bet 9-1 on the Titans now, as the 2 seed, that's good money.

Still 20-1 to win the whole damn thing.

True, hasn’t happened.

Played the AFCCG in Jax, Oak, and KC.
Make it so! Obviously, all our wins are important but, as of right now, it looks like that win against the Chiefs is the best win from a seeding standpoint. Other than the Chargers, they are going to steamroll everyone else between now and the end of the season. We defiantly need the Pats to drop one for this to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back