Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only concern I have about Young is his arm strength. I've seen tons of highlights, but not one of them showed him firing a fastball into a tight spot. Every pass I've seen him throw has been a bit of a floater. And as we've seen with Billy Volek, those floaters lead to all sorts of trouble with short and mid-level passes....that extra air gives defenders an extra step or two to make a play on the ball, which leads to a lot more deflections and interceptions around the line of scrimmage. (In 2004, I believe Volek threw 11 INT's...more than half of those INT's happened less than 5 yards downfield, and I believe 3 or 4 or them were returned for TD's.)

This is not to say that he can't make those throws...I simply haven't seen him do it. However, with all the VY highlights that are out there, you'd think that at least one of them would show him throwing some heat in between two defenders. And obviously, he's going to have to make that throw on a regular basis if he's going to be successful in the NFL.

He has the potential to make those throws. He is raw though, that's what people wonder about, is how long will it take Young to learn these throws? Is he sharp enough to make these throws, while running a potentially complex offense? These are the big ? marks.

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
...this is certainly not the sort of thing I want
to see on Sundays for years to come.

obviously you are joking .... right ?

I wanna see that

EVERY Sunday

or Thursday

and even Monday

Okay, so just judging by the highlights, as I haven't seen his full game;
And based on the comments above....

Mike Vick, anyone? Anyone? Beuller?

avvie said:
Okay, so just judging by the highlights, as I haven't seen his full game;
And based on the comments above....

Mike Vick, anyone? Anyone? Beuller?
I was able to see several TX games this year. Vince can do more than just run-but he is an excellent runn

was anyone anywhere near his WRs?? any runningback given those kinds of lanes would be successful too, but I don't want my QB getting hit as much as a RB.

This guy has got to show he can stand in the pocket, read the defense and make the throw with pressure closing in without pulling a Vick and running.

The guy has the size and no doubt has the skills, but does he have the ability to adjust his mental approach to the game in that he doesn't panic the first read he sees that is covered and takes off.

I do not want a Vick like QB on this team.

Yikes!

Some of the moves he makes are absolutely sick! And he runs through arm tackles like they are nothing whether they are linebackers or lineman. Certainly stronger and much bigger than vick and it's not hard to imagine him @ 240 lbs a year or two from now. Very probably a better runner than mcnair or mcnabb.

His arm strength is no longer an issue. His throws in the workouts had plenty of velocity and he throws a nice deep ball. Only issue is his ability to adapt to a pro offense.

To make a case for young consider that vick was the first pick in the whole 2001 draft. Vick is 6'0 215 lbs. Young is almost 6'5 230. If the argument can be made that these guys have similar tools than isn't young worth a third pick?

If we feel we have to draft a QB i would rather have him because he has the most star potential.

Did you guys notice how much seperation he gets from a tackler when he makes a lateral move? He can slide sideways 2-3 yards. He must have very strong legs.

There was one play in the youtube vid that showed him run down a defender that was taking the apparent int to the house... He did tackle him a bit high but to be honest with you... this is hard for me to express... Who does that? People made a big deal about Big Ben's game saver in the divisional round, but gee whiz... if you missed it it is appoximately 1/4-1/3 way through the video... He ran him down and tackled him like a safety would... There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Vince Young will be one of the greatest qb's since FA and possibly the merger... I can't say enough good things about this stud of a qb. Puck, with VY we will play on mondays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back