Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man im ordering a custom made Titans Vince Young jersey just so i can be the first one to have one after the draft. Ill be sick if we draft someone else :barf:

Man im ordering a custom made Titans Vince Young jersey just so i can be the first one to have one after the draft. Ill be sick if we draft someone else ...............Better get the barf-bag out cause its gonna be Matt L.(Thank God!!!) I do Not want Vince Young,He will get hurt bad in this league. I will give him credit where credit is due,he can scoot....thats it,period....He can not read an NFL 3-4 speed defense......I wish the Faiders GL with VY on the IR.....HOLLA!!!!

Nine said:
I've seen tons of highlights, but not one of them showed him firing a fastball into a tight spot. Every pass I've seen him throw has been a bit of a floater.

You need to watch the highlight reel from the Ohio St. game where VY won the game with his arm, not his legs. Vince put nice hard passes inbetween Ohio St. defenders numerous times for completions, and he did this in the pocket!! He stayed in the pocket took some hits, but made the passes. He didn't rely on his legs because his receivers were covered well. He stayed in the pocket and put the ball in some tight spaces. That game really showed what Vince can do with his arm.

The touch down pass that put the Longhorns ahead for good was just nasty!! A perfect touch pass right over two defenders; it also was a great catch.

Just some other nasty tid bits that I saw on the highlight reel I was looking at:

In the Oklahoma Un. game Vince ran the ball, and the D gang tackled him. 5 defenders trying to bring him down. Did he go down?? No. He went backwards yes, but he stayed on his feet. It was just sick. And no they weren't 5 defensive backs.

In the Colorado game, Vince straightup pancaked two defenders with one stiff-arm and kept on going. It was disgusting.

VY in nasty. He has some adjustments to make in the NFL, and their is bust-potential, but his real potential is too much to pass up. We need to draft VY!!!

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
Exhibit A

Exhibit B

...this is certainly not the sort of thing I want
to see on Sundays for years to come.

your right, that is something I don't want to see. we have RB's who should run the ball not the QB. All he will end up doing is being hurt and missing games and practices. Sounds like McNair doesn't it:sad2:

Imagine VY under center. Chris Brown and Travis Henry splitbacks behind him. David Givens and Drew Bennett out wide, and Ben Troupe at the end of the line.

Think about that. Play-action, roll-out pass, hand-offs, fake to Henry pitch to Brown. Think about all the possibilities!!!! There are sooo many options. An offense like this would keep any D on their heels. Any D would be lost with an offense like that.

Ewker said:
your right, that is something I don't want to see. we have RB's who should run the ball not the QB. All he will end up doing is being hurt and missing games and practices. Sounds like McNair doesn't it:sad2:
So what is YOUR answer to the QB question? Let me guess..Cutler? And by the way...another Mcnair would be pretty #$%&ing good. He's been great for our team and he's been a winner. :grrr:

dontdraftCutler said:
So what is YOUR answer to the QB question? Let me guess..Cutler?

Leinart or Cutler over Young any day of the week. A running QB very rarely last in the NFL. Mcnair's time has been cut short due to him running the ball. I don't want a QB who is going to be out hurt or not practice 3 days a week and hurt the team:sad2:

Ewker said:
Leinart or Cutler over Young any day of the week. A running QB very rarely last in the NFL. Mcnair's time has been cut short due to him running the ball. I don't want a QB who is going to be out hurt or not practice 3 days a week and hurt the team:sad2:

I understand where you're coming from. But you make is sound as if Young has NO passing ability. I think he may become a better passer than Mcnair, or Vick for that matter, and he's already a better runner. I like the idea of defenses constantly on their heels because of the double threat qb. I think he's better than you give him credit. ML is a statue in the pocket..Cutler is a good qb, but I think he'll be very average in the NFL.

dontdraftCutler said:
I understand where you're coming from. But you make is sound as if Young has NO passing ability. I think he may become a better passer than Mcnair, or Vick for that matter, and he's already a better runner. I like the idea of defenses constantly on their heels because of the double threat qb. I think he's better than you give him credit. ML is a statue in the pocket..Cutler is a good qb, but I think he'll be very average in the NFL.

being a better passer than McNair won't take a lot. :brow:

Young will be ok until he gets popped a good one then his running takes a back seat to his avg passing. Just based on his Pro day it has been brought out he missed the wr's on the break. That is a must in the NFL. I don't feel he can read defense's. My opinion and a quarter won't get you much. Just the same as yours about Cutler (Cutler is a good qb, but I think he'll be very average in the NFL.)

Ewker said:
being a better passer than McNair won't take a lot. :brow:

Young will be ok until he gets popped a good one then his running takes a back seat to his avg passing. Just based on his Pro day it has been brought out he missed the wr's on the break. That is a must in the NFL. I don't feel he can read defense's. My opinion and a quarter won't get you much. Just the same as yours about Cutler (Cutler is a good qb, but I think he'll be very average in the NFL.)

There's good old Ewker, making overstatements that can't be taken seriously...

It's not hard to be a better passer than McNair? Honestly if we felt for sure that he was a better passer than McNair, we'd pick him up in a heartbeat. Look at the career passing stats.

Also, the Pro day thing... that certainly wasn't the majority view. Young got mostly good reviews on his passing.

RollTide said:
Glad to see SEC using reping the vid I shared good stuff
-------------------------

Huh?

hey Roll , I've noticed you doing this for years ......
don't you know what that QUOTE box is for

it would save you from typing the member name and the context

trying to help make everyone's life a little easier

RollTide said:
Glad to see SEC using reping the vid I shared good stuff
-------------------------

Huh?
oh yeah... see, I made this thread that linked to fish forum... I screwed up and didn't stay within the f2fa network. My bad. So, as a condition of being a network member, the thread had to be deleted. It is true... the better quality video was posted by metal in that deleted thread, however, I'm not entirely sure that someone may have posted that video in this forum somewhere else. It is immaterial... without metal's post there would be no exhibit A.

I thought of thanking him in the opening post, but decided against it because I thought it would take away from the overall shock value of the post. However, a belated "word up" to metal for his contribution!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back