Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
TitanJeff said:
http://www.gbnreport.com/coyle.htm

Has the Titans getting Leinart at #3.
I really believe there is no way that Leinhart becomes a Titan, especially when his former college OC doesnt believe his arm his that strong. Granted there is more to being a QB than having a strong arm(intagibles) and Leinhart has them but I think Lienhart will need to be in a very QB friendly offense for him to suceed.

Max, I keep hearing this rumor that Chow said this but have yet to see it confirmed.

I don't see why Leinart would not be successful running the same offense he ran to win two National Championship and a Heiman Trophy. And I would give up a little arm strength for the other abilities Leinart brings.

If he is available at #3, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Does anyone have any proof that Chow said that? I hear it on the message boards, but no one has a source. In every interview I have hear from Chow about Leinhart, which hasn't been many, he has just talked about how good he is. Heck, Manning doesn't have a "cannon" either...

I am with you Jeff...Leinhart or Young...win/win in my book.

It could be that Chow did say Leinart wasn't physically in the league with Carson Palmer. That doesn't mean Chow wouldn't be happy to get Leinart.

VolnTitan said:
Does anyone have any proof that Chow said that? I hear it on the message boards, but no one has a source. In every interview I have hear from Chow about Leinhart, which hasn't been many, he has just talked about how good he is. Heck, Manning doesn't have a "cannon" either...

I am with you Jeff...Leinhart or Young...win/win in my book.

I believe he said it on the radio really early in the year, but I can't really remember when. And if I remember correctly he said he doesn't know if Leinhart has the arm strength, which is slightly different.

I have my own doubts about his arm strength. Manning doesn't have a cannon, true. But would anyone here say that Leinart has Manning's arm? I honestly don't know. I do know that Leinhart floats the deep ball too much for the nfl, but that could just be a college habit. Its strongly possible we could get ML, but if we do then I'll be confident that its a good pick. Actually I'll probably be the most confident, because if anyone knows the strengths and weakness of Leinhart- its Chow. (Which means I'll be equally confident if we let him pass) :))

Someelse said that he/she would sacrifice a little arm strength for the other abilities he has. I have to agree, but with the other two candidates we might be able to get both (arm strength and the other abilities). :))

Soxcat said:
It could be that Chow did say Leinart wasn't physically in the league with Carson Palmer. That doesn't mean Chow wouldn't be happy to get Leinart.

The article about Matt Leinhart appeared in the Tennessean several months ago and said that Palmer and Leinharts arm strenght arent in the same league(Palmers being the stronger one)

I really don't care who has the stronger arm, as long as it's our receivers who are catching the ball.

I'd take Leinart if he was there. I'm still watching Cutler, but right now it's whomever is available between Young and Leinart.

Exactly right. The arguements are about which franchise type player we draft. While the season was a bust, it is fun having #3 pick.

Broken Record said:
For me, the beauty of this draft is that I'd be thrilled to get Bush, Leinart or Young and one of them is probably ours.

Exactly. In any other year, each of those guys would be a #1 pick. We are in the sweetest spot of all, because we're sure to get a #1 talent for #3 money.

Soxcat said:

I recall seeing an interview with Chow where he says that Leinart didn't have Carson's arm but that he was better in other areas. This is just off of the dome so it might not be a 100% accurate but I think this Chow doesn't like Leinart's arm strength stuff is just taking his quote out of context.

The problem with media and fans are they don't like favorites. The worst thing that can happen to you is to enter the season a favorite for the Heisman. Almost guaranteed to lose it. Happened to Manning. I think the same thing happened to Leinhart. Last year and most of this year he was a can't miss prospect. Franchise QB. Now alot of fans and media are kind of saying "eh". What has changed in his game? Did he suddenly start to suck? Did he have some kind of meltdown? Absolutely not. He is still a great QB prospect and would have ZERO problem if he fell to us.

Anyone but Young... Leinart or Cutler would be ideal. I would even go with D'Brickashaw Ferguson in he first and draft Ingle Martin from little unknown Furman College in the later rounds.

If we take Leinart at #3, I'll vomit almost as much as I did when we took Pacman last year and Kevin Dyson, whenever that was!

Come on Saints! Take him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back