Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really dont understand how we are so screwed on the cap. So many other teams have so many high profile, high salary players and somehow pull it off with no problems. We are dragging the bottom of the barrel in salaries and somehow over the cap.

I really dont understand how we are so screwed on the cap. So many other teams have so many high profile, high salary players and somehow pull it off with no problems. We are dragging the bottom of the barrel in salaries and somehow over the cap.
Cuts and restructures. Basically competitive teams keep kicking the can down road. The bill will come due at some point, but it'll be at a point where they are no longer competitive (like the Saints now).

I think tanne, henry, Byard, and Julio are top 5 highest paid at their positions. Plus bud, lewan, Saffold and Cunningham contracts. We just don't have the big household names

He'll be snatched up quick. Probably by a west coast team. One of the Chargers, Broncos, or Raiders most likely. I'm gonna say the Chargers considering he is from LA and they have the most cap space of any team.

Made Lewan the highest paid LT in the league
Made Byard the highest paid S in the league
Top 5 contract to Henry
Top 10 contract to Tannehill
Now top 10 contract to Landry
Did we make Brett Kern the highest paid Punter?

Big FA Contracts to:
Malcom Butler
Roger Saffold
Bud Dupree

Traded for Julio's highest paid WR contract

Plus the restructures to some of these contracts that penalizes you in the future. Contracts with voidable years like Jayon's also penalize you in the future.

I'm not saying these are good or bad, but it is the nature of the beast. Gotta pay talent to retain/attract talent.

Made Lewan the highest paid LT in the league
Made Byard the highest paid S in the league
Top 5 contract to Henry
Top 10 contract to Tannehill
Now top 10 contract to Landry
Did we make Brett Kern the highest paid Punter?

Big FA Contracts to:
Malcom Butler
Roger Saffold
Bud Dupree

Traded for Julio's highest paid WR contract

Plus the restructures to some of these contracts that penalizes you in the future. Contracts with voidable years like Jayon's also penalize you in the future.

I'm not saying these are good or bad, but it is the nature of the beast. Gotta pay talent to retain/attract talent.
If we didn’t, we should have. MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back