Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reese really needs to find the negatives dreadlock boy has cause his pathetic play on the field does not justify keeping him on the team and paying him a bonus is just plain crazy.

But maybe he will play up too his potential and make me look crazy. Maybe Dyson was a better pick at WR than Moss.

elfinmagic53 said:
LaMont Thompson received his bonus and has 3 more years on his contract.:brow:
That was news a couple of days ago, dont worry, we all were wondering what Reese was thinking when we heard he recieved his bonus and got 3 more years on his contract. Then we remembered that ElfGirl likes LT so Reese kept LT for ElfGirl

elfinmagic53 said:
LaMont Thompson received his bonus and has 3 more years on his contract.:brow:

Yeah because we need to extend the contract of a Safety who plays an entire game against a team passing it all over the place and doesn't record a single tackle, pass breakup, or interception (2nd Jags game).

wg53 said:
Yeah because we need to extend the contract of a Safety who plays an entire game against a team passing it all over the place and doesn't record a single tackle, pass breakup, or interception (2nd Jags game).

don't bother, groupies never listen. :greedy:

wg53 said:
Oh God, is that true? That went under my radar. :sad2:

Well, even then he had a lot more tackles than say, Reynaldo Hill. Even if you take away the games Hill didn't play in.:lol:

Besides stats don't tell the whole story. You can't tell that many of Thompson's tackles where way after the catch, nor can you tell that Hill's interceptions where all nicely giftwrapped by the opposing QB's.

Gunny said:
welcome to yesterday when the whole world knew. :rolleyes:

Double duh, I just wasn't gonna let you guys pretend this didn't happen. Especially after all the hating and yapping you did concerning this outstanding safety. A safety so outstanding that he not only got his bonus, but 3 more years to boot.

elfinmagic53 said:
Uh yeah, THIS coming from a guy who created a religion named after a rookie player....

Shouldn't that read "a religion named after a 7th round draft pick rookie who outperformed every veteran player in the entire secondary, including a former first-round pick and two second-round picks...."

Granted, this isn't so much a compliment to Hill, as it is an indictment of Woolfolk, LT, and Tank. (And we won't even talk about Beckham....)

elfinmagic53 said:
Uh yeah, THIS coming from a guy who created a religion named after a rookie player.:sad2:

I dont call him outstanding.
I realise he isnt perfect
I know he makes a lot of mistakes.
I will critisise him when needed.

Something you can't do for LaMont. Groupie :greedy:

outstanding vs. Lamont

# 43 Troy Polamalu
G Total Tckl Ast Sacks Int Yds Avg Lg TD Pass Def
16 /91 /73.0 /18 /3 /2 /42 /21.0 /36 /0 /6

# 28 Lamont Thompson
G Total Tckl Ast Sacks Int Yds Avg Lg TD Pass Def
16 /80 /61.0 /19 /1 /1 /0 /0.0 /0 /0 /2

Elf, don't over rate him. You have a little room to talk until you sound like you are drunk on your own kool aide. Sorry the numbers are so hard to read but I don't know how to use the code tags.

BiPolar, I don't understand the purpose of your post. By the text of it you try to make Lamont look bad, but then you use the stats to show that he compares favourably to one of the premier safeties in the league (or at least the media darling safety) these days... which is it?

T4Ten said:
I don't think the numbers compare favourably for Lamont. Lots more zeros in his column.

The only columns with zeros are return yards on interceptions. Polamalu has 11 , 2 sacks, 1 interception and 4 passed defenced, more than Thompson. In a 16 game span, that's 0.7 tackles, 0.1 sacks, 0.06 interceptions and 0.25 passed defences more than Thompson per game. Not really a huge difference in my book.

Now go back to my first post to read why I think stats are misleading in any case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back