Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
1000 lbs in high school, or so the rumors say...
giphy.gif

Speaking off Henry check out pro football talk. He wants Julio Jones and who doesn't we just do not have the space, unless J-Rob does some restructuring and maybe some cuts.

I really just dont get how the F we are in such bad cap space shape. Looking at other teams in the league with multiple superstars with ridiculous contracts and we are scrapping the bottom of the barrel.
Some teams seem to really excel at manipulating the cap, the Rams, saints and ravens especially. I read somewhere that it's because the titans aren't cash rich enough to restructure and pay big bonuses to manipulate the cap. No idea if that's true or not though.

I really just dont get how the F we are in such bad cap space shape. Looking at other teams in the league with multiple superstars with ridiculous contracts and we are scrapping the bottom of the barrel.
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tools/roster/tennessee-titans/

Salary cap for 2021 is 188.4 million

Tannehill's cap hit alone is 29.5 million

That's a little over 15.5%

Tannehill takes up 1/6 of the entire salary cap.... doesn't matter if you like the guy or not, that's the problem!

Our top 5 guys are taking up 83.7 mill on cap

That's about 45%

I'll do a bit of research, but I don't think there's a team in the league that is that top heavy in salary cap going into the 2021 season.

I get what you're saying. But we're paying a decent amount on OL, paying a QB, top RB, and a couple other decent sized contacts. That cap disappears pretty quick when your QB isn't on a rookie deal.

Top 5 guys salary cap hit by team (in millions):
Arizona 75
Atlanta 93.5
Baltimore 61
Buffalo 50.5
Carolina 46.5
Chicago 71
Cincinnati 59.5
Cleveland 65
Dallas 92.5
Denver 60.5
Detroit 56
Green Bay 88.5
Houston 51
Indy 69 (lol)
Jacksonville 59
Kansas City 80.5
Las Vegas 66
LAC 75
LAR 60
Miami 59.5
Minnesota 80
New England 57
New Orleans 54
NYG 53
NYJ 55.5
Philly 73
Pitt 80.5
SF 68
Seattle 81.5
Tampa Bay 68
Tennessee 83.7
Washington 68.5

Top 5: Atlanta, Dallas, Green Bay, Tennessee, Seattle

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tools/roster/tennessee-titans/

Salary cap for 2021 is 188.4 million

Tannehill's cap hit alone is 29.5 million

That's a little over 15.5%

Tannehill takes up 1/6 of the entire salary cap.... doesn't matter if you like the guy or not, that's the problem!

Our top 5 guys are taking up 83.7 mill on cap

That's about 45%

I'll do a bit of research, but I don't think there's a team in the league that is that top heavy in salary cap going into the 2021 season.
thats the problem with the NFL though, and why so often teams with qb's on rookie contracts win superbowls. Have to mortgage the whole team to pay your QB. One of the reasons the pats were able to build a dynasty was Brady consistently being underpaid. But if you're the titans, what other choice was there besides paying tanne?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back