Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fack it! Tanny out.... Henry get out of here... we need losers in our roster! No need for awesome, we like ordinary, kind of like first and 2nd picks ourselves! Bunch of we suck ass monkeys. No need to enjoy being really facking good.... No..... who wants that? Ass hats...

Compared to the top tier qbs, Tannehill is cheap.. Look at all the stars on KC with Mahomes 500mil contract. Seattle seems do to just fine with Russel Wilsons contract.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tools/roster/tennessee-titans/

Salary cap for 2021 is 188.4 million

Tannehill's cap hit alone is 29.5 million

That's a little over 15.5%

Tannehill takes up 1/6 of the entire salary cap.... doesn't matter if you like the guy or not, that's the problem!

Our top 5 guys are taking up 83.7 mill on cap

That's about 45%

I'll do a bit of research, but I don't think there's a team in the league that is that top heavy in salary cap going into the 2021 season.

Tannehill is the 10th highest paid quarterback and he’s a top 10 quarterback, so I can’t really complain

but there’s a difference between highest paid and salary cap. He could be top 5 paid and I’d be fine with it but when he’s a top 5 salary cap hit QB that’s an issue cus it doesn’t allow the team around him to be competitive.

View attachment 18422
But that looks at cap hit for 2021 in isolation.

Contracts are structured such that cap hits are all over the place.

He could be 10 on that list in 2022 for all we know, with 5 other QBs contracts having massive cap hits that year, and smaller ones this year.

Compared to the top tier qbs, Tannehill is cheap.. Look at all the stars on KC with Mahomes 500mil contract. Seattle seems do to just fine with Russel Wilsons contract.
Mahomes extension hasn't kicked in yet. Seahawks haven't won shit since paying russ

Fack it! Tanny out.... Henry get out of here... we need losers in our roster! No need for awesome, we like ordinary, kind of like first and 2nd picks ourselves! Bunch of we suck ass monkeys. No need to enjoy being really facking good.... No..... who wants that? Ass hats...

I hear you on enjoying our time as a good team, just wondering in today's NFL Brady always being one step ahead having taken a smaller salary and taking smaller cap hits has helped him win multiple rings. Wouldn't hurt to try that strategy, seems like the rest of the league is heading there with Mahomes doing the same this year.
I'm no wiz on salary cap but I'm sure there are ways to pay these guys without breaking the bank. It's crazy that Rodgers' cap hit takes up 20% of a 53 man team. Titans seem to be in an ideal spot of having a QB who can win them games but not break the bank on him.

Restructuring Tannehill, Lewan, and Saffold should be a no brainer. What do you think @Hormesis ?

I hear you on enjoying our time as a good team, just wondering in today's NFL Brady always being one step ahead having taken a smaller salary and taking smaller cap hits has helped him win multiple rings. Wouldn't hurt to try that strategy, seems like the rest of the league is heading there with Mahomes doing the same this year.
I'm no wiz on salary cap but I'm sure there are ways to pay these guys without breaking the bank. It's crazy that Rodgers' cap hit takes up 20% of a 53 man team. Titans seem to be in an ideal spot of having a QB who can win them games but not break the bank on him.

Restructuring Tannehill, Lewan, and Saffold should be a no brainer. What do you think @Hormesis ?
I am sure if possible, it will be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back