Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please NFL, I'm begging you don't loosen the jersey number restriction by position.

The thought of an NFL RB wearing #1 or CB wearing #3 would look awful.

the jersey rule # has its logic but its an anachronism

If Titans wore Oilers gear to troll the cows IN Cowtown then I would 100% be for it... Titan fans in Nashville have zero history with that uniform... other than the 2 years the Tennessee Oilers wore Away gear for every game - thanks fishface

Yes, but it's not going to be that easy. There's no way in hell we have the rights to the Oilers uniforms anymore.

I've been an Oilers/Titans fan since 92, but those Oilers uniforms are part of the Houston franchise.

I love them uniforms to the fullest, but I've never felt they were part of the Titans of Nashville franchise.. Super sad, but true.

I just feel like the Texans are entiltled to wear those as their throwbacks.
not wanting to argue but cows have zero claim to anything Oiler/Titan... Bud made sure of that IIRC

not wanting to argue but cows have zero claim to anything Oiler/Titan... Bud made sure of that IIRC

I was under the impression that Houston owned the rights to the Oilers gear.

I know we've wore the Oilers gear since being in Nashville, but why the sudden stop? Feels like there was some type of litigation.

I know we've wore the Oilers gear since being in Nashville, but why the sudden stop? Feels like there was some type of litigation.
There was.

Titans own the Oiler rights, as Got said, Bud made sure of that. The drop-off was intentional, it was meant to put more focus on the Nashville brand.

There was.

Titans own the Oiler rights, as Got said, Bud made sure of that. The drop-off was intentional, it was meant to put more focus on the Nashville brand.

Just did my study and now fully understand it.

Not sure why I've always thought Houston owned the Oilers name and gear..

If that's the case, we sure as hell should be wearing the Oilers gear, since those uniforms and helmets are the best ever.

Yes, but it's not going to be that easy. There's no way in hell we have the rights to the Oilers uniforms anymore.

I've been an Oilers/Titans fan since 92, but those Oilers uniforms are part of the Houston franchise.

I love them uniforms to the fullest, but I've never felt they were part of the Titans of Nashville franchise.. Super sad, but true.

I just feel like the Texans are entiltled to wear those as their throwbacks.
Adams family owners Oilers history

Just did my study and now fully understand it.

Not sure why I've always thought Houston owned the Oilers name and gear..

If that's the case, we sure as hell should be wearing the Oilers gear, since those uniforms and helmets are the best ever.

They look fantastic, and we should wear them against houston as well

I watch football for football, not a fashion show. I don't care what color the jerseys are or what numbers are on them.

That being said, I think the rule of 1 helmet is pretty dumb. The NFL hasn't billions of dollars... Buy every player a couple of helmets. Could restrict it to being the same brand/style/size or whatever as their every day helmet and then what's the damn difference?

I watch football for football, not a fashion show. I don't care what color the jerseys are or what numbers are on them.

That being said, I think the rule of 1 helmet is pretty dumb. The NFL hasn't billions of dollars... Buy every player a couple of helmets. Could restrict it to being the same brand/style/size or whatever as their every day helmet and then what's the damn difference?
More variants mean more sales because you have more items. You would think “business men” would understand that.

The one shell rule stopped us from wearing throwback
Our current helmet doesn’t match the throwback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back