Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
elfinmagic53 said:
Lamont played great. That's why he took Schulter's spot:kiss:

keep in mind (without flying off the handle)

that LaMont took Lance's job by default
he didn't "win" it because he had outplayed him & making him expendable

I liked LaMont when he first got here
i saw something different in him that I hadn't seen in awhile
he has some talent, otherwise the BEngals wouldn't have drafted him so high. but he also has his faults, otherwise they wouldn't have released him

GoT said:
On a related note the Titans were 32 in the league giving up scoring drives on 68.7% drives.
GlassHalfFull.jpg

Puck said:

he has some talent, otherwise the BEngals wouldn't have drafted him so high. but he also has his faults, otherwise they wouldn't have released him

oh you 'hater'. :brow:

Howdy all, I was considering posting a new topic to introduce myself, but opted against it for fear that it too would turn into another LT argument. Say what you will, Lamont is the master at intercepting... topics.
Thought I'd say g'day to all my brothers from down under (all two of them, I think. Heh), I've been lurking about the forums since late 2004, when I was optimistic that the Packers game would turn our season around. :lol:

Anyway, call me kooky, but I feel that we came out of this 4-12 season with more positives than the previous 5-11 campaign.
We come off of this year with great rookie experience, we weren't expected to make the playoffs so that feeling of disappointment wasn't as strong, and we aren't faced with the prospect of shedding masses of value players.

We gained KVB in the process for however long that lasts, which shows that the Titans should make less big-money free agent investments (Henry) and make more steals like this, and though Ty Cal absolutely broke my heart with his lack of game this year, it's a moot point when you picked up a damn fine rookie WR trio in the draft.

And, best of all (in my eyes), we've got the third pick in a draft where the top 3 prospects could be considered #1 talent. One more win would've dropped us down significantly, but nope, here we are. Does Bush fall to us? Are Leinart or Young the future? How bout Cutler or the Brick? Some trading down, perhaps?
I'm more excited for this draft than ever, because we've got little to lose and everything to gain.

Back when I jumped on the Titans bandwagon in 2002, it was easy to be a Tennessee fan. Since things have declined however, enthusiasm has been joined by cautious optimism. Whether next season has us 13-3 or 3-13, it'll be an exciting time to be following the Titans.
...Though obviously I'd prefer the former. :brow:

Only thing good about back to back disappointing seasons was the value seating at the stadium from Thanksgiving onward and the seriously discounted Titans crap anywhere that sell it.

Tackhead #9 said:
Howdy all, I was considering posting a new topic to introduce myself, but opted against it for fear that it too would turn into another LT argument. Say what you will, Lamont is the master at intercepting... topics.
Thought I'd say g'day to all my brothers from down under (all two of them, I think. Heh), I've been lurking about the forums since late 2004, when I was optimistic that the Packers game would turn our season around. :lol:

Anyway, call me kooky, but I feel that we came out of this 4-12 season with more positives than the previous 5-11 campaign.
We come off of this year with great rookie experience, we weren't expected to make the playoffs so that feeling of disappointment wasn't as strong, and we aren't faced with the prospect of shedding masses of value players.

We gained KVB in the process for however long that lasts, which shows that the Titans should make less big-money free agent investments (Henry) and make more steals like this, and though Ty Cal absolutely broke my heart with his lack of game this year, it's a moot point when you picked up a damn fine rookie WR trio in the draft.

And, best of all (in my eyes), we've got the third pick in a draft where the top 3 prospects could be considered #1 talent. One more win would've dropped us down significantly, but nope, here we are. Does Bush fall to us? Are Leinart or Young the future? How bout Cutler or the Brick? Some trading down, perhaps?
I'm more excited for this draft than ever, because we've got little to lose and everything to gain.

Back when I jumped on the Titans bandwagon in 2002, it was easy to be a Tennessee fan. Since things have declined however, enthusiasm has been joined by cautious optimism. Whether next season has us 13-3 or 3-13, it'll be an exciting time to be following the Titans.
...Though obviously I'd prefer the former. :brow:

hey, another Aussie.

soon we will take over this board. :brow:

Tackhead #9 said:

:brow:

Great, Aussie Boy's got reinforcement. Quit trying to throw salt all over Lamont's game. He's part of the best Safety/Linebacker group in the league:kiss:

Funnily enough, I'm actually a fan of Lamont. He has the physical attributes to succeed, but sometimes lacks the mental aspects.
Say what you will about helping out the corners, there are just some times you watch LT and wonder exactly what he's trying to do.

That being said, I wish all the best for him, I hope he does well next season with less green corners and possibly Tank back to what he's possible of. I want this safety duo to succeed, I really do. And, when they have consistent success, we can all look back and have a good laugh.

elfinmagic53 said:
Lamont played great. That's why he took Schulter's spot:kiss:

Puck said:

Quit throwing salt on Lamont's game:irked: See Gunny, I'm joining your strike on "hatin'":kiss:

elfinmagic53 said:
Quit throwing salt on Lamont's game:irked:

you missed the point

point is, he didn't TAKE anyones gig
he got the job because he was the only one available
had Fuller not got hurt he might've took it from LaMont

how's that magic get ya ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back